Zum Inhalt springen

WORLDSBK.COM - bis 20.06.2011

WORLDSBK.COM

Empfohlene Beiträge

145_r11_laverty_rea.jpgSupersport World championship rider Gino Rea (Intermoto Czech Honda) had an afternoon of ecstasy and then agony last time out at the Nurburgring. He put in a brilliant second place ride to finish within touching distance of Eugene Laverty (Parkalgar Honda) only to be excluded for a technical infringement with his machine in post race scrutineering.

It was an unwelcome blow for Rea - no relation to WSBK racer Jonathan - who had recently finished fourth at Brno, then took his first podium at Silverstone in round ten, and improved on even that in Germany, only to leave round 11 with nothing. He is now seventh in the overall rankings, with two rounds to go.

Said Rea in his post race press release, "Apart from the disqualification, it has been a good weekend from what started off very negatively. In the race, I made a good start and got behind Eugene Laverty. I had a big moment on the first lap which allowed him to get away slightly but I was able to reel him back in. I didn't expect to be able to stick with him the whole race but when he went to gap me with a few laps to go, I was able to go with him and put my fastest lap in. There were a few places where I was faster but I couldn't get a good enough drive off the corners to get close enough for a pass. I squared the final corner off to get a good drive on the final lap but couldn't quite get past him for the win, although it was pretty close, just five-hundredths of a second off!"

View the full article

039_r11_guarnoni_action.jpgThe next title to be decided in the WSB paddock may well be the European Superstock 600 Championship, as Yamaha MRS rider Jeremy Guarnoni has a 43-point lead over Florian Marino (Ten Kate Race Junior Honda) with only 50 points left for any rider who wins the last two races.

The Yamaha-Honda battle has been a remarkable one this year, but the difference between Guarnoni and Marino is that the leader has scored a podium in every single race, including five wins, while Marino has had one DNF, and only two wins.

It took the impressive home push from hometown hero Luke Mossey (Sondelsport Yamaha) to wrestle a win away from either Guarnoni or Marino at Silverstone, as none of the regular competition has managed this feat so far.

Whatever happens in round nine at Imola, Marino is guaranteed at least second place now, as he is 51 points ahead of his closest rival, Berardino Lombardi.

A small piece of history was made in Germany last time out, as Triumph as a manufacturer took a first pole position in this class, thanks to wild-card rider, Marc Moser (Sport-Evolution Team Triumph).

View the full article

502_r11_checa_action.jpgSpain's Carlos Checa was one of the quickest riders in practice and qualifying last weekend and before the start of the first race, said that he was aiming for two podium finishes. In the first race the Althea Racing man had done half the work with the runner-up slot behind Jonathan Rea (Honda). Checa tried right to the very end to take the win from his northern Irish rival, but eventually settled for his fifth podium of the season, following a win at Phillip Island and three second places at Misano, Kyalami and Valencia.

"I got away well and, with Rea and Haga, found a good pace which allowed us to get away from the others", revealed Carlos. "I was fighting against Noriyuki for second but when he crashed I tried to attack Jonathan. He had a strong pace though and I wasn't able to make up that second of time that gave him the win. I'm very satisfied with the result and thank my team for their hard work."

Only a crash half-way through the second race, while he was again fighting for the win with Rea and Haga, prevented the Spanish rider from repeating the result but there was overall satisfaction in the Althea Racing team for the weekend's performance in Germany.

"The only thing we were missing this weekend was luck", said Genesio Bevilacqua, General Manager of Althea Racing. "The second race was tight, with very close times and it was easy for one of the protagonists to make a mistake. This happened to Carlos, that's the way it goes. I'm nevertheless happy that Haga and his Ducati won and I compliment him and his team. Despite the mistake, in both the last and first race, at the end of which we got onto the podium, we showed the potential of our bikes. Carlos is in great shape and now we'll look to Imola and Magny-Cours where we hope to make up ground we have lost in the standings.

View the full article

093_r11_badovini_finish.jpgLast weekend Ayrton Badovini continued what has been an unprecedented winning streak in Superstock 1000 FIM Cup racing, taking his eighth win in eight races.

For Ayrton and his entire BMW Motorrad Italia STK team this race was just as special as the previous round in Silverstone, where he won the championship with three races to spare. Nürburgring race was the first home round for BMW, and Ayrton and his crew were desperate to guarantee a German win to BMW as thanks for providing him with a bike which has taken every win so far, seven pole positions and five fastest laps.

"Eight races and eight wins it has been an incredible year," said Badovini after his latest triumph. "We have a nice team, a nice bike, and to win in Germany was very important for BMW. So to have achieved the victory at the Nürburgring makes us all very happy."

There are two races left for Badovini to push towards what would be a truly remarkable performance of ten wins out of ten. He is already the rider with the most career wins in this class - ten in total, eight for BMW and two for MV Agusta - and his motivation will be as high as ever, despite all his recent success. He races at another home circuit, Imola, next time out on September 26...

View the full article

522_r11_sykes_action.jpgThe official Kawasaki Racing Team had a busy August and that paid off in a successful start to September, as Tom Sykes rode to a seventh place in Superpole, and then had a season best of fifth and seventh in the two 20-lap races in Germany.

Sykes had been in contention for strong top ten finishes throughout the Nürburgring weekend, and lived up to these expectations with a best overall raceday result of the year.

Tom had taken a fifth earlier in the season, at Monza, but his seventh in race two in Germany made his most recent performance his most rewarding ever on the 2010 Ninja ZX-10R.

Said Sykes, "We've had quite a strong performance here at the Nürburgring this weekend, from both the team and myself, and I'm very happy with how it's all gone. I just wished we could have hang in there a bit more in race two but overall I can't complain, as it's our best results for the year."

"We came here with a good base package and worked well with what we knew was our setting goal so this meant we didn't need to make big changes, just a few adjustments which are ultimately much easier on a rider," said Tom, who acknowledged the efforts put in during the run up to race weekend were a key to success.

"I was able to just focus on fine-tuning the bike and the best tyre combinations to get my ultimate setting. Overall it's been a massive effort from the team and Kawasaki and although I'd like to thank every individual, I have to give additional thanks to Johnny my crew chief, and Javier from Showa for giving me the best package this weekend, on which I was able to show well in the races and come away with some strong results for Kawasaki."

View the full article

rea2.jpgThe Hannspree Ten Kate Honda team has confirmed that its rider Jonathan Rea will be aiming his Honda CBR1000RR squarely at the World Superbike championship title once again in 2011.

Rea joined the team in 2008 for the World Supersport championship and finished as runner up to his team-mate Andrew Pitt. He is currently in the second year of a three-year contract with the team and lies in third place in the 2010 World Superbike championship standings with four wins so far this year.

The 23-year-old, originally from Northern Ireland but now living on the Isle of Man, has displayed an impressive level of maturity and consistency in his first two seasons of World Superbike competition that has resulted in a total of six race victories and 18 podium finishes, with two rounds (four races) remaining in the 2010 season.

"I'm really happy to be staying with this fantastic team for another season," declared Rea. "We're all pulling in the same direction and we're all really excited about the prospects for the Honda CBR1000RR. Even though I'm still only 23, the team has taught me an enormous amount about world championship racing, both on the track and off it and I've become a regular race winner. To become a championship winner, I recognise that I need continuity and that's what I've got now. It's no secret that my ultimate ambition is to compete in GPs but I'll still only be 24 next season so I'm really happy to aim for the World Superbike title in 2011 and then hopefully take the next step forward after that within the Honda family."

Team manager Ronald ten Kate added: "It's good to see a rider of Jonathan's calibre spend his entire career to date with the Honda family. At the beginning of this agreement, it was always the intention of the rider, the team and Honda to stay together and we are very happy to see that realised now. Jonathan joined us in Supersport ranks in 2008 and his raw talent has combined with a great attitude and personality to turn him into a race winner. Next year, our only aim will be to turn that race winner into a championship winner."

Carlo Fiorani, sporting manager for Honda Europe Motorcycles,also declared: "Of course, we are all very proud to keep Jonathan with Honda next season. It is clear that he his one of the most exciting talents in any world championship paddock right now. Together with Ten Kate Racing, we are very happy to work for another season to focus on the prestigious World Superbike championship title."

View the full article

024_p04_laverty_action.jpgEugene Laverty might be on his way to World Superbike to ride for the Yamaha team in 2011 but the Irishman has not forgotten the team who he has raced for over the last couple of years and with whom he is trying to clinch the 2010 title.

He said: "I owe Parkalgar Honda a lot of thanks for two great seasons in the World Supersport Championship as they have provided me with a superb package allowing me to show the world what I'm capable of."

Team owner Paulo Pinheiro also expressed his satisfaction for the results achieved over the last couple of years, and said that for the future they will be looking to continue the string of success that has led them to becoming firmly established as one of the category's benchmark teams.

"I am delighted that Parkalgar Honda has played an instrumental role in helping Eugene Laverty progress his career. He has won 11-races so far in the last two years on his Parkalgar Honda and is the 2009 vice-Champion - he has clearly shown his ability and the strength of the Parkalgar Honda team. For Parkalgar Honda this is a happy time and we wish Eugene the very best in the future - hopefully after winning the 2010 World Championship for us."

"This is also an opportunity for Parkalgar Honda to look for a new rider and talent that will keep us at the forefront of World Supersport racing in 2011," he added. "It is our clear objective to compete and win the 2011 Championship and to continue the good work started with Craig Jones in 2008."

View the full article

256_r02_foret_grid.jpgLast year at Imola former WSS champion Fabien Foret scored one of his best results of the season and the expert Frenchman did exactly the same thing a couple of weeks back at the Nurburgring, where he scored a fighting fourth place on the Lorenzini by Leoni Kawasaki.

"I only missed out on the podium when I made a mistake at the chicane, but I'm pretty happy anyway," declared Fabien. "The German round saw me score my best result of the season and I want to dedicate it to all the guys in the team, who did a great job. At Imola I aim to do even better than that".

Following his fourth place in Germany, even better means a podium for the second successive year on a track that in the past has seen the rider from Angouleme in France taste the winners' champagne, in 2001, when he took the World Supersport title.

View the full article

116_p01_davies_action.jpgTriumph has a unique place in contemporary racing, competing with a 675cc three-cylinder machine against 600cc four-cylinder rivals in World Supersport and the European Superstock Championship.

In the past two years Triumph riders have taken five podium finishes in Supersport, two in 2009 for Garry McCoy and three so far this year for Chaz Davies - each while riding for the ParkinGO BE1 team.

In Superstock 600 Triumph made another small bit of history recently when wildcard rider Marc Moser took pole at the Nürburgring.

View the full article

_zac8218.jpgPaul Risbridger is the man who runs the Kawasaki Racing Team effort on the ground, a link between all the people who come together to make up Kawasaki's Superbike World Championship team. He is one of a select band of people who have had the chance to not only see up close, but already had the chance to work with, the new Ninja ZX-10R. In a Q&A session at the Nürburgring round last weekend, Risbridger (second from right) answered some questions about the new Kawasaki, and the team's hopes in 2011.

Q: What were your initial impressions of the 2011 Ninja's ZX-10R's suitability for WSBK racing when you saw the first pictures of it?

Risbridger: The bike is clearly a completely new design and looked ready to match the new breed of superbikes. The racing DNA is clear to see and matched our expectations from the start.

Q: So you have managed to test the new bike already?

Risbridger: Yes, we had our first opportunity at Almeria last week and had a very productive two days despite the very high track temperatures.

Q: First test impressions?

Risbridger: Excellent, the chassis is nimble and already it holds a good line. The engine is an early specification but has a really smooth power delivery and corner speeds are already positive. This bike has great potential and we have six months to turn potential into track performance

Q: What are your further expectations for your 2011 build up, test and race schedule - is 2011 going to be the busiest season ever for the staff?

Risbridger: We are extremely busy, no August break for us this year! As far as I am concerned 2011 has already started and we will be flat out through to the first race in February. This will not only apply to the technical team but we have to gear up for the launch and press activities, review the team image, and if necessary make adjustments to our structure and personnel as the test programme and rider details are confirmed.

View the full article

sbk_fans_facebook.jpgInfront Motor Sports is pleased to be able to announce the next development phase in its thriving Facebook penetration project. Following the launch of a special dedicated Superbike World Championship Facebook profile (www.facebook.com/sbkofficial) at the end of February now comes the introduction of a new ‘SBK likes Official Fans' strategy.

The significance of this new project is to recognize the force of a large and increasingly widespread online community that is closely linked to the world of SBK. The main aim is to bring together Superbike fans from all over the world by creating a ‘meeting-point' inside the circuit through the Facebook community.

As a result fans will be able to embellish the official Facebook page with all the videos and photos they have taken during the Superbike Events; this helps to make fans feel they are up close and personal with the Championship itself and allow them to experience their passion LIVE!

The first opportunity to participate in the new SBK likes Official Fans initiative will be at the Imola Round of the Championship on September 24-26.

Taking part couldn't be easier. All you have to do is buy your ticket for the Acque Minerali grandstand at the Imola Round and show up at the entrance with the printed voucher from facebook.com/sbkofficial: you will receive an SBK Limited Edition Cap, which allows you to take your place in the grandstand and follow your heroes from the dedicated area. You will then have an opportunity to make videos and photos that you can share with the entire SBK Facebook community.

Join up with the SBK Facebook community and take your seat at the Imola Round!

View the full article

197_r02_baz_podium.jpgSuperstock 1000 FIM Cup regular Loris Baz, still only 17-years old, had a whole new racing experience at the weekend, riding in the BSB championship round at Croft, in Northern England.

Competing for the Motorpoint Yamaha team, in place of injured rider Andrew Pitt, the 2008 season European Superstock 600 champion qualified eighth on the grid.

Loris went on to secure seventh in race one, only to crash late in the second race, after a fight back from a first corner collision with an old Superbike World Championship rider, Yukio Kagayama.

Baz, who is currently sixth on the hotly contested Superstock 1000 series, said of his cross-channel adventure, "This was an incredible weekend for me. The crowds, the pace, the riders, the whole atmosphere was amazing. The first race couldn't have gone better for me but in the second race I got hit by Kagayama and nearly fell off the bike. Thankfully I stayed onboard and fought my way through to 13th position but then I pushed too hard at the slow corner and crashed. I am sorry for the team for the crash. I wanted to get a good result for them but tried a little too much."

Baz will be back in Superstock action for his MRS Racing Yamaha team at Imola, on September 26th.

View the full article

sheridan_morais_brand_hatch_sbk.jpgFollowing the encouraging results achieved this season in Supersport with Fabien Foret, the Lorenzini by Leoni Kawasaki team is now also set to become one of the key structures for the Japanese manufacturer next year in the Superstock 1000 FIM Cup. And the Italian team has already put in place a major coup for next season with the signing of South African rider Sheridan Morais.

With the raising of the Superstock 1000 age limit to 26 for next year, 25 year-old Morais will be one of two riders for Vanni Lorenzini's team, and will debut the new ZX-10R, which was unveiled to the press at the last round in Germany. For the South African rider, who this year took part in the Superbike rounds at Kyalami and Portimao with an Aprilia and a Honda and in 2009 on a Kawasaki (photo), the prospects of doing a ‘Badovini' are looking good, as he takes two steps down in an attempt to win the FIM Cup.

Lorenzini himself was also optimistic regarding the future. "We've had an eye on this talented youngster for some time now and we are delighted to have him under contract in 2011," declared Lorenzini. "With the new ZX-10R and the South African rider we can for sure play a major role in the championship and aim for the title. I'd like to thank all those who have confirmed their support in us, our desire to continue and progress remains the same and with this new project we are sure we can live up to everybody's expectations."

View the full article

scassa.jpgTriumph BE1 Racing will enter the 2011 Supersport World Championship with an exciting line-up of British star Chaz Davies and all-action Italian rider Luca Scassa racing the factory Daytona 675s.

Davies, 23, stays with the squad for his second full season on the three-cylinder Triumph. The British racer currently lies fourth in the 2010 Supersport World Championship standings, having finished on the podium three times this season.

Meanwhile former Italian supersport champion Scassa, known to his many fans as ‘The Rocker' will be making his debut in the middleweight class with Triumph. The 27-year-old from Arezzo is a popular figure in the international paddock and has been one of the sensations of this year's world superbike campaign, scoring several impressive qualifying performances and a string of top 10 finishes on a privately entered Ducati.

Team manager Giuliano Rovelli said: "The renewal of Chaz's contract is the logical result of the excellent job he has done throughout the season. As well as getting onto the podium, Chaz has proved that he can take advantage of every situation thanks to the serenity with which he tackles his job and his exceptional power of concentration. I'm convinced that as he is still young he's got a lot of time to improve. Luca Scassa is the big news for 2011, he has impressed me for the determination he takes with him onto the track. He and Chaz will make a strong pairing ".

"I'm really happy to be doing a second year with Triumph and BE1 Racing", commented Davies. "It's a long time since I have been in that situation and I really want to take advantage of all the good work that we've done this year. I enjoy working with this team and we have plans to further develop the Daytona 675. We have shown this year that we can run at the front and we can only move forward in 2011".

Scassa added: "I have been riding 1000cc bikes in recent years but I have experience of supersport racing from the Italian championship. I am looking forward to riding the Daytona 675. This will be my first experience of a three cylinder bike and I think that the extra torque will prove advantageous at some tracks. BE1 Racing has ambitions to be at the very top and one of my motivations for signing is that I can see the desire to win in the eyes of Giuliano Rovelli (owner of BE1 Racing). It is important for me to be racing with a factory team again and I can see the great progress that Triumph has made in the championship over the past few years".

View the full article

w806h550_000000b636b25bbc.jpgAfter being shown to selected media for the first time at the previous Nürburgring round, the all-new Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R undertook its second European test session recently, as part of its development into a full factory WSB racer for next season.

A lone machine had been run at Almeria last month by team regular Tom Sykes and others, but this time there was a second machine, sent direct from KHI in Japan, for Kawasaki WSS rider Katsuaki Fujiwara to run alongside Sykes's existing bike.

Lap times of mid 1'34s on new race tyres and mid 1'35s in race simulations, were achieved. The existing lap record, also set on race tyres, is a 1'34.618.

The track was in generally good condition but high track temperatures, over 40°C were reported at some points of each day.

View the full article

• 2 Wochen später...

054_r12_guarnoni_podium.jpgJeremy Guarnoni (MRS Racing Yamaha) finished sixth today and that was enough to make him the new champion, despite a chaotic last corner double crash that saw Florian Marino (Ten Kate Race Junior Honda) win the race, but lose the championship fight. Guarnoni now has 187 points, Marino 159.

Leandro Denis Mercado (BWG Racing Kawasaki) was on course for the race win but fell on the final chicane. Fabio Massei (Moto Club Piellemoto Yamaha) was second, with Giuliano Gregorini (Elle2Promotion Yamaha) third.

View the full article

site.jpgAt this weekend's penultimate round of the 2010 FIM Superbike World Championship at Imola, Infront Motor Sports and Quarto di Miglio are delighted to present a new watch dedicated to the production-based racing series.

Born from the desire of the owners of Quarto di Miglio, an Italian company based in Como, to reflect in their watches the passion that binds all bike fans, the "Superbike" chronograph is a watch that has been designed and produced with one eye exclusively on the exciting world of Superbike racing.

One of the most striking features of the watch are the 12 screen-printed miniatures, one for each hour, produced with exceptional patience by Quarto di Miglio craftsmen, reproducing the national flags of the 12 countries that form part of the World Superbike calendar.

Each WSB championship round describes a piece of history, an on-the-limit braking manoeuvre, a ruthless stab at the throttle or a last-minute pass, and as a result remain forever sculptured in time. Now they also become an intrinsic part of the Quarto di Miglio chronograph which aims to celebrate this exciting championship.

The watch's technology comes to life inside the case with a MYOTA OS 10 watch movement that adjusts the calendar positioned at 3 o'clock. From the paddock to the jewellers, the Quarto di Miglio Superbike chronograph stands out for its SBK logo in bronze, screwed into a true 3D-style dial. The rubber watch-strap reproduces the tread of a slick tyre, and bears the symbolic measurement of a hypersport road bike (190/55 ZR 17).

The recommended retail price for the Superbike chronograph is 250 Euros. It can be purchased at all good jewellers, on the www.sbkofficialstore.com website and in the sales point inside the Superbike Paddock Show.

View the full article

217_p12_press_conference2.jpgAt Imola during the WSB Round Mr Paolo Sesti, the chairman of the Italian Motorcycle Federation, presented the Team Italia Velocità Project, which will also be involved in SBK with 3 riders in Supersport, Superstock 600 and Superstock 1000 from 2011.

Following in the footsteps of past success in Superbike, Team Italia Velocità is ready to come back as a protagonist in Supersport, Superstock 600 and 1000 for the 2011 season. It is a clear demonstration of the commitment of supporting new Italian talent at an International level, through concrete and direct support by the Italian Motorcycle Federation. For the Team Italia Velocità riders this will mean racing in the World Championship with the possibility of growing up in a professional environment which will be completely devoted to sporting activity. Italian motorcycling can already count on young and successful talent on which it is working constantly, in the belief that talent should be built up since the junior categories.

"The aim of the initiative is to launch Team Italia again in the Superbike World Championship, something that over the years has allowed many talented Italian riders to come to the forefront on the international scene - declared Paolo Sesti, President of the FMI - We will be doing it with the support of Infront and Pirelli, whom I would like to thank for believing in our project. We will have three riders involved in Supersport and the Superstock 600 and 1000 categories and we will try and help them to grow in the best possible way in three apprentice but hard-fought categories. The aim, one day, is to get them to race in World SBK".

This project is approved in full by Infront Motor Sports and its CEO Paolo Flammini, who has always had faith in this type of activity, dedicated to young riders coming from National championships, through the support of the various Team Italia in the Superbike circus since 1998. "Infront Motor Sports firmly believes in a strong rapport with the national federations with the aim of promoting and supporting the participation of young riders in international championships - Flammini said - the introduction of the Superstock 600 and 1000 championships by us was designed to create a path that takes young riders up from a national to a professional level, and the initiative that we are developing together with the FMI and Pirelli is the concrete application of these projects".

Pirelli tyres, exclusive partner of the Superbike World Championship, will be ready to support this initiative as technical partner with a 2 year contract with the Italian Motorcycle Federation with the aim of increasing the value of the best Italian talent on the track. "This year Pirelli created a sort of scholarship for the winner of the FIM Superstock 1000 to participate in WSBK in 2011 and after this experiment, the value and the need to bring new Italian talents into the World Championship is clear - said Giorgio Barbier, Pirelli Motor Racing Director). We will participate in this project not only as sole supplier to WSBK, but for offering an opportunity to young riders of the national series to move towards a more international scope in the WSBK. Pirelli, as early as the 80's was involved in this FMI project which worked in tandem with participation in the 500cc European Championship (Errico, Fugardi, Papa) and today is honored to return to this same spirit with the FMI and Infront".

Team Italia Velocità, with the support of Infront and Pirelli will develop a 2 year project, with the involvement of 3 riders in the Supersport, Superstock 600 and Superstock 1000 classes and of Cristiano Migliorati as sport director. The 3 riders' names will be announced on October 17th during the Italian Champions 2010 Awards Ceremony at Mugello.

View the full article

1  86 Badovini A. (ITA) BMW S1000 RR 1'52.764

2  21 Berger M. (FRA) Honda CBR1000RR 1'53.863

3  14 Baroni L. (ITA) Ducati 1098R 1'54.671

4  34 Giugliano D. (ITA) Suzuki GSX-R 1000 1'54.903

5  98 Colucci D. (ITA) Ducati 1098R 1'55.242

6  20 Barrier S. (FRA) BMW S1000 RR 1'55.659

7  119 Magnoni M. (ITA) Honda CBR1000RR 1'56.526

8  9 Petrucci D. (ITA) Kawasaki ZX 10R 1'56.571

9  47 La Marra E. (ITA) Honda CBR1000RR 1'56.574

10  8 Antonelli A. (ITA) Honda CBR1000RR 1'56.579

11  30 Savary M. (SUI) BMW S1000 RR 1'56.645

12  87 Zanetti L. (ITA) Ducati 1098R 1'56.957

13  12 Vivarelli N. (ITA) KTM 1190 RC8 R 1'56.995

14  69 Jezek O. (CZE) Aprilia RSV4 1000 1'57.142

15  64 Andric D. (BRA) Honda CBR1000RR 1'58.104

16  18 Smith K. (GBR) KTM 1190 RC8 R 1'58.354

17  99 Leeson C. (RSA) Kawasaki ZX 10R 1'58.662

18  29 Beretta D. (ITA) BMW S1000 RR 1'58.869

19  36 Thiriet P. (BRA) Honda CBR1000RR 1'59.586

20  55 Svitok T. (SVK) Honda CBR1000RR 1'59.751

21  39 Pagaud R. (FRA) BMW S1000 RR 2'00.049

22  91 Walkowiak M. (POL) Honda CBR1000RR 2'00.089

23  89 Salac M. (CZE) Aprilia RSV4 1000 2'00.599

24  45 Sletten K. (NOR) Yamaha YZF R1 2'01.261

25  85 Berclaz G. (SUI) Honda CBR1000RR 2'01.688

26  11 Tutusaus P. (ESP) KTM 1190 RC8 R 2'02.392

27  93 Lussiana M. (FRA) BMW S1000 RR 2'03.383

28  10 Boscoscuro A. (ITA) Honda CBR1000RR 2'06.368

View the full article

1  7 Checa C. (ESP) Ducati 1098R 1'49.317

2  57 Lanzi L. (ITA) Ducati 1098R 1'49.511

3  91 Haslam L. (GBR) Suzuki GSX-R1000 1'49.868

4  66 Sykes T. (GBR) Kawasaki ZX 10R 1'50.165

5  41 Haga N. (JPN) Ducati 1098R 1'50.167

6  96 Smrz J. (CZE) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 1'50.211

7  35 Crutchlow C. (GBR) Yamaha YZF R1 1'50.230

8  3 Biaggi M. (ITA) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 1'50.282

9  84 Fabrizio M. (ITA) Ducati 1098R 1'50.356

10  50 Guintoli S. (FRA) Suzuki GSX-R1000 1'50.483

11  52 Toseland J. (GBR) Yamaha YZF R1 1'50.518

12  11 Corser T. (AUS) BMW S1000 RR 1'50.770

13  67 Byrne S. (GBR) Ducati 1098R 1'50.815

14  111 Xaus R. (ESP) BMW S1000 RR 1'50.815

15  76 Neukirchner M. (GER) Honda CBR1000RR 1'51.899

16  65 Rea J. (GBR) Honda CBR1000RR 1'52.558

17  90 Sandi F. (ITA) Aprilia RSV4 1000 F. 1'52.943

18  95 Hayden R. (USA) Kawasaki ZX 10R 1'53.061

19  33 Lai F. (ITA) Honda CBR1000RR 1'53.290

20  15 Baiocco M. (ITA) Kawasaki ZX 10R 1'53.716

21  5 Lowry I. (GBR) Kawasaki ZX 10R 1'53.738

22  99 Scassa L. (ITA) Ducati 1098R 1'53.879

View the full article

1  50 Laverty E. (IRL) Honda CBR600RR 1'52.727

2  54 Sofuoglu K. (TUR) Honda CBR600RR 1'52.837

3  51 Pirro M. (ITA) Honda CBR600RR 1'53.501

4  23 Parkes B. (AUS) Kawasaki ZX-6R 1'53.742

5  55 Roccoli M. (ITA) Honda CBR600RR 1'54.111

6  4 Rea G. (GBR) Honda CBR600RR 1'54.179

7  53 Migliorati C. (ITA) Kawasaki ZX-6R 1'54.202

8  25 Salom D. (ESP) Triumph Daytona 675 1'54.238

9  7 Davies C. (GBR) Triumph Daytona 675 1'54.260

10  127 Harms R. (DEN) Honda CBR600RR 1'54.452

11  44 Tamburini R. (ITA) Yamaha YZF R6 1'54.706

12  18 Aitchison M. (AUS) Honda CBR600RR 1'54.797

13  99 Foret F. (FRA) Kawasaki ZX-6R 1'54.837

14  14 Lagrive M. (FRA) Triumph Daytona 675 1'54.995

15  117 Praia M. (POR) Honda CBR600RR 1'55.210

16  31 Iannuzzo V. (ITA) Triumph Daytona 675 1'55.580

17  45 Vizziello G. (ITA) Honda CBR600RR 1'55.598

18  37 Fujiwara K. (JPN) Kawasaki ZX-6R 1'55.622

19  85 Palumbo A. (ITA) Kawasaki ZX-6R 1'56.865

20  34 Quarmby R. (RSA) Honda CBR600RR 1'56.946

21  131 Barone G. (ITA) Yamaha YZF R6 1'57.310

22  5 Lundh A. (SWE) Honda CBR600RR 1'57.763

23  10 Toth I. (HUN) Honda CBR600RR 1'59.069

View the full article

1  86 Badovini A. (ITA) BMW S1000 RR 22'32.770 (157,629 kph)

2  87 Zanetti L. (ITA) Ducati 1098R 0.960

3  21 Berger M. (FRA) Honda CBR1000RR 9.632

4  34 Giugliano D. (ITA) Suzuki GSX-R 1000 19.747

5  20 Barrier S. (FRA) BMW S1000 RR 20.836

6  14 Baroni L. (ITA) Ducati 1098R 28.627

7  9 Petrucci D. (ITA) Kawasaki ZX 10R 29.700

8  30 Savary M. (SUI) BMW S1000 RR 29.841

9  98 Colucci D. (ITA) Ducati 1098R 37.637

10  12 Vivarelli N. (ITA) KTM 1190 RC8 R 44.362

11  64 Andric D. (BRA) Honda CBR1000RR 1'04.230

12  11 Tutusaus P. (ESP) KTM 1190 RC8 R 1'04.274

13  89 Salac M. (CZE) Aprilia RSV4 1000 1'06.388

14  99 Leeson C. (RSA) Kawasaki ZX 10R 1'07.970

15  55 Svitok T. (SVK) Honda CBR1000RR 1'08.887

16  85 Berclaz G. (SUI) Honda CBR1000RR 1'13.280

17  39 Pagaud R. (FRA) BMW S1000 RR 1'14.153

18  45 Sletten K. (NOR) Yamaha YZF R1 1'17.008

RET  47 La Marra E. (ITA) Honda CBR1000RR

RET  69 Jezek O. (CZE) Aprilia RSV4 1000

RET  119 Magnoni M. (ITA) Honda CBR1000RR

RET  36 Thiriet P. (BRA) Honda CBR1000RR

RET  8 Antonelli A. (ITA) Honda CBR1000RR

RET  29 Beretta D. (ITA) BMW S1000 RR

RET  18 Smith K. (GBR) KTM 1190 RC8 R

RET  91 Walkowiak M. (POL) Honda CBR1000RR

RET  93 Lussiana M. (FRA) BMW S1000 RR

View the full article

086tls_2334.jpgAyrton Badovini (BMW Motorrad Italia STK) made it nine wins in nine attempts after a long battle with Lorenzo Zanetti (SS Lazio Motorsport Ducati) was effectively ended on lap nine, when Badovini made a pass into the final chicane and gapped Zanetti right away.

Maxime Berger (Ten Kate Race Junior Honda) had an eventually lone race in third, nine seconds behind the lead on the final lap. In the championship, Badovini has 225 points, a perfect score, and Berger is now guaranteed second, with 122.

View the full article

440_r11_checa_finish.jpgCarlos Checa (Althea Racing Ducati) put in a cool-headed win despite great pressure from eventual fifth place man Leon Haslam (Suzuki Alstare) in the final few laps.

Haslam ran on trying to pass Checa into the first Rivazza corner of the final lap, and dropped back as a result, allowing Lorenzo Lanzi (DFX Corse Ducati) to finish second and Noriyuki Haga (Ducati Xerox) to go third.

Jakub Smrz (Pata B&G Aprilia) was fourth and long-time race leader from pole position, Tom Sykes (Kawasaki Racing Team), was sixth, ten seconds down on the winner.

View the full article

1  7 Checa C. (ESP) Ducati 1098R 38'27.631 (161,708 kph)

2  57 Lanzi L. (ITA) Ducati 1098R 1.171

3  41 Haga N. (JPN) Ducati 1098R 1.472

4  96 Smrz J. (CZE) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 6.691

5  91 Haslam L. (GBR) Suzuki GSX-R1000 9.584

6  66 Sykes T. (GBR) Kawasaki ZX 10R 10.979

7  84 Fabrizio M. (ITA) Ducati 1098R 15.023

8  67 Byrne S. (GBR) Ducati 1098R 15.913

9  50 Guintoli S. (FRA) Suzuki GSX-R1000 17.025

10  35 Crutchlow C. (GBR) Yamaha YZF R1 20.795

11  3 Biaggi M. (ITA) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 21.243

12  111 Xaus R. (ESP) BMW S1000 RR 25.860

13  99 Scassa L. (ITA) Ducati 1098R 31.551