• Antworten 2,5Tsd
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

Top-Benutzer in diesem Thema

• MOTORRADonline.de

• motogp.com

• WORLDSBK.COM

146_p01_davies_action.jpg

After such a brilliant title-winning year in the FIM Supersport World Championship last year the promotion of Chaz Davies to the Superbike class was an eagerly awaited initiative for more than just the rider and his ParkinGO MTC Aprilia Team. Chaz was unlucky to fall at a fast section of track in the second qualifying session at the opening round in Australia, and particularly unlucky to break his left radius and ulna in the process. However, he is well on the way to recovery, as the rider himself reveals in this exclusive chat with WorldSBK.com.

"I am pretty good - getting there - and I think we have made real progress in a couple of weeks. I am fairly happy and I could not have asked for any more so far," said Davies. "My wrist is sore and swollen but it is probably about on schedule for a good recovery. They only fitted me with a removable cast and I have had that off for a few days now. I am getting my wrist moving again now and the bones have started to knit together. My thumb seems to not want to work much but it is getting better."

Davies suffered a significant injury, which needed major treatment, as he explained. "My radius bone was slightly displaced and broken so it had opened up a little bit. The surgeons lined it up and put in three screws, one long and two short, through the radius, plus a small plate. To give it some substance they put some artificial bone graft in as well, to give it something a bit more solid to hold onto. Two wires were put in to hold the plate onto another part of the arm. I did not have work done on the broken ulna, that can heal naturally."

The question Davies and his Italian based team are keen to get a positive answer to is whether or not Chaz will be fit to ride at Imola. The long gap between the start of the year at Phillip Island and the forthcoming round plays in his favour - and the favour of those other riders who also suffered injury in Australia. "I think the progress has been really good so I cannot see why I would not be racing there," affirmed Chaz. "So far progress has been right on track. I am probably not going to be 100%, and I will be a bit sore, but I should be 80 or 90% fit. It has been lucky, so lucky, for such a big gap between races to have come along now. I think it is the longest break of the year, four weekends, and I do not think we were not due to have a test before Imola. To have such a long gap was real lucky for all of us - Eugene Laverty, David Salom, Leon Haslam and me - and it could not have come at a better time."

For Chaz, so long in the Supersport class and never a Superbike regular until now, getting back to fitness is also important simply because he showed good pace for a rookie in Australia, finishing just over a second from the best on combined qualifying, and making it into Superpole that was ultimately never to happen. "I was happy where I was first time on the Superbike," confirmed Davies. "I can give you a list of reasons why I should not have been particularly competitive but I was happy the way things were going. At the end of every session I thought that was pretty good, I was enjoying it, and each session we went out and by the third lap or so I was going a couple of tenths faster. It was all coming a bit easier. Phillip Island is a particularly difficult track to get up to speed on too. It is really difficult because there are a lot of things to consider, like the tyre, it is fast and bumpy in the corners and you feel like you are doing 300 mph because it comes along right after the winter break. I wanted to be inside Superpole, that was my goal, and I think looking at race pace we could have been somewhere between sixth and tenth. That would have been an awesome place to start, but we did not get that far. It is not just me that is learning, it's the whole crew."

Davies is now continuing his recovery and training programme to make sure he can compete at Imola from 30 March-1 April.

View the full article

liberty_riders_sestriere.jpg

As part of an initiative to expand the influence and results base of the overall Effenbert Liberty racing team in 2012 the three-man squad of Sylvain Guintoli, Jakub Smrz and Maxime Berger has been expanded to include a rider who was all set to represent the team in the FIM Superstock 1000 Cup this year, Brett McCormick. The Canadian rider will now compete on a fourth Effenbert branded Ducati Superbike from Imola onwards. Nicknamed ‘The Kid' McCormick will be riding the Ducati 1198, running the race number of 68, for the first time.

McCormick, who will achieve a personal ambition by riding in Superbike this season, said, "The Effenbert Liberty Racing Team is giving me a great opportunity. My dream has always been to race in SBK and now that I have this opportunity, I will give it everything on the track. Recently, I've been studying and memorizing the circuits, which obviously I do not know well, so that when the D-day comes I am as prepared as I can be. It is going to be a very challenging season for me since I'm about to face many experienced riders. This is undoubtedly a great way to learn and grow and I will always try to be in the leading group!"

Team owner Mario Bertuccio also stated, "The incentive to promote McCormick into Superbike is consistent with our philosophy of helping to bring on young talents. We truly have the highest respect for the Canadian rider, we trust him and are certain that he can pay us back on the track. This is an important choice. There are only a few teams in SBK who have decided to increase the budget for the current season and our route makes us, day-after-day, even more proud and confident about the potential of the team. Federico Sandi remains Effenbert Liberty Racing Team's ace in Superstock and I am sure he will give us very good results riding the competitive Panigale 1199. Our active engagement in this direction remains intact."

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

Honda_NC700X_BMW-G650GS.jpg.1624818.jpg   Einsteiger-Bikes von Honda und BMW im Test
Honda NC 700 X gegen BMW G 650 GS
Die neue 48-PS-Führerscheinklasse für Einsteiger wirft ihre Schatten voraus: BMW und Honda stellen bereits passende Bikes mit gutmütigen Motoren und unkomplizierter Handhabung zum fairen Preis bereit. Welches Motorrad hat mehr zu bieten? ... > weiter

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

Naked-Bikes2012.jpg.1844488.jpg   Vergleichstest Power-Naked-Bikes 2012
Streetfighter von KTM, Aprilia, MV Agusta und Triumph
Diese prickelnden europäischen Power-Roadster mit vier völlig verschiedenen Motorenkonzepten machen nicht nur wegen ihrer irren Fahrdynamik süchtig. Sie verschreiben sich maximalem Fahrspaß auf der Landstraße. Und betören als echte Charaktere bereits mächtig im Stand. ... > weiter

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

BMW_C600-Sport.jpg.1624816.jpg   Fahrbericht: BMW C 600 Sport / C 650 GT
Was taugt der Roller als Motorradalternative
Für BMW Motorrad ist die neue C-Klasse die Speerspitze des Geschäftsfelds "Urban Mobility". Für Autokunden könnte sie zum Drittfahrzeug werden. Aber was taugt der Großroller als Motorradalternative? ... > weiter

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

Enduro_Reifenstest_BMW_R_1200_GS_010.jpg   Motorrad-Zulassungsstatistik 2012
Neuzulassungen Februar 2012
Nach einem fulminaten Januar 2012 haben die extrem kalten Temperaturen im Februar ihre Spuren auf dem deutschen Motorradmarkt hinterlassen. Die Zulassungszahlen sind im Februar 2012 rückläufig. ... > weiter

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

Unbenannt-1.1346969.jpg.1346974.jpg   Traumbike-Wahl: 90 Maschinen aus fünf Jahrzehnten
KTM 690 Duke und 21 weitere Preise im Wert von über 14000 Euro zu gewinnen
Haben Sie damals auch von der Kreidler Florett geträumt? Und heute von der Ducati Panigale? Wählen Sie Ihre Traumbikes von einst bis jetzt und mit etwas Glück sind Sie schon bald Gewinner einer KTM 690 Duke. Die Siegermaschinen können Sie schon bald live bewundern. ... > weiter

View the full article

043_r12_start.jpg

The numbers are in for full-time entrants in the UEM European Superstock 600 Championship and in 2012 there will be 27 regulars, from round one of ten at Imola to the finale in France in October.

Riders will compete on machinery from Honda, Kawasaki, Triumph and Yamaha and will emanate from no less than 15 different countries - Australia, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.

Italy leads the way with five riders, closely followed by Switzerland, the Netherlands, Australia and France with three apiece.

Top competitors abound but may be led by a rider who battled for the 2011 crown right until the end of the season, Michael van der Mark (EAB Ten Kate Junior Honda). Last year's European Junior Cup champion, Matt Davies from Australia, will ride for the GOELEVEN Kawasaki team, while former WSS rider Bastien Chesaux will ride for the EAB Ten Kate Junior Team Honda squad.

There will be 13 Yamaha riders on the grid, seven Kawasaki competitors, five Honda riders and two Triumph runners.

View the full article

liberty_bike_presentation_01.jpg

The Effenbert Liberty Racing Team has withdrawn its announced participation in the Superstock 1000 Cup in order to concentrate on the Superbike World Championship.

The Czech-based outfit had originally planned to race two Ducati 1199 Panigale machines in Superstock 1000 for Federico Sandi and Brett McCormick, but a change in strategy this week now sees the Canadian Superbike champion promoted to the SBK team alongside Sylvain Guintoli, Jakub Smrz and Maxime Berger, while Italian Sandi now finds himself out of a ride.

"This is a corporate decision, and at this point, it should be interpreted only as a means of focusing all the energy of the Effenbert Liberty Racing Team to support our 4 riders in the World Superbike Championship, Sylvain Guintoli, Jakub Smrž, Maxime Berger and Brett McCormick, in the best possible way," said the Team Owner, Mario Bertuccio. "The engagement of youngster Federico Sandi is therefore officially brought to an end, however, we are going to give him our support as we strongly believe in his talent."

View the full article

109_r06_stk_start.jpg

The line up of the 2012 Superstock 1000 FIM Cup has been released and once again there is a healthy entry for a category designed for machines which are very close to street specification when they take to the circuits around Europe. Superstock 1000 is a category reserved for riders born between January 1, 1986 and March 29, 1996.

There are 23 permanent riders in competition, from 13 countries. Italy is the best represented in terms of riders with six, followed by France with five and in an exciting development two riders hail from Brazil, in the shape of Philippe Braga Thiriet and Heber Pedrosa. Each will be riding Kawasakis for Team Brazil by ASPI. After Italy, France and Brazil and their multiple riders, there are competitors from Poland, Australia, Germany, Hungary, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Sweden and the UK.

In terms of motorcycles there will be five regular manufacturers represented in this important class - BMW, Ducati, Kawasaki, Honda and Aprilia. Ducati riders will run a mixture of the existing 1098R models and the all-new 1199 Panigale. Four will be on the new model, three on the 1098R.

With four of last year's top 5 moving on to higher things (Giugliano, Petrucci, Zanetti and Canepa), the line-up gains a major face-lift. But the competition will be stiff as always with no less than ten riders opting for Kawasaki power, including former European Superstock 600 champion, Loris Baz (MRS Kawasaki).

Three BMW S1000RR machines will be out at each round, two from the BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet STK team and one from Germany's Markus Reiterberger, in a Team alpha Racing entry.

Two Hondas will also compete, and one Aprilia, as the vee-four returns in the guise of the RSV4 APRC model.

All eyes will be on the new Ducati Panigale to see how it stacks up to the proven bikes in the class, after the 1098R and S1000RR machines shared all of the glory between them in the last couple of years.

There will also be a lot of focus on Kawasaki runners in 2012, with former Aussie Superbike Champion Bryan Staring and Superstock 600 charger Jeremy Guarnoni (Pedercini) plus Baz leading the call to arms on the Ninja ZX-10R.

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

WillieGDavidson.jpg.1347319.jpg   Das Design-Urgestein der US-Kultmarke
Harley-Davidsons Willie G. geht in Rente
Willie G. Davidson, der die letzten 49 Jahre für das Design der Motorräder aus Milwaukee verantwortlich war, wird am 30. April 2012 im Alter von 78 Jahren in Rente gehen. Er wird der US-Kultmarke weiter als Markenbotschafter dienen. ... > weiter

View the full article

719_r01_sykes_box.jpg

Tom Sykes and Joan Lascorz set the top two times on the first of two days of testing on Sunday at Aragon which sees the participation of Kawasaki Racing Team, Aprilia Racing, BMW Motorrad and Kawasaki Pedercini.

The 26 year-old British rider lapped the Motorland track in a time of 1 minute 58.4 seconds, four tenths of a second beneath the 2011 lap record set by world champion Carlos Checa (Althea Racing), who is not taking part in this test. The Kawasaki riders, who had already tested one day in the dry at Aragon last November, confirmed the progress made during the opening round of the world championship at Phillip Island.

BMW Motorrad brought a series of new solutions including an evo-spec engine and a new swing-arm to help resolve the problems experienced by Marco Melandri and Leon Haslam at Phillip Island where in any case the Italian rider still managed to score BMW's best-ever result, a second place in race 1.

Aprilia also brought along a new engine for Max Biaggi and Eugene Laverty, who is still recovering from a bone fracture in his right hand he picked up during testing in Australia. Points leader Biaggi was fifth quickest, more than a second off the pace of Sykes.

Conditions at Aragon on Sunday were sunny, but cold and windy. Testing concludes today Monday.

Unofficial times: 1. Sykes (Kawasaki) 1'58"4 (55 laps); 2. Lascorz (Kawasaki) 1'58"9 (74); 3. Haslam (BMW) 1'59"2 (48); 4. Melandri (BMW) 1'59"3 (80); 5. Biaggi (Aprilia) 1'59"5 (60); 6. Laverty (Aprilia) 2'00"4 (40); 7. Mercado (Kawasaki) 2'02"5.

View the full article

148_r01_sofuoglu_podium.jpg

The Kawasaki DeltaFin Lorenzini team concluded a two-day testing session at Imola on Saturday in view of the Imola World Supersport round at the start of April. But the test was characterized by a minor setback for Phillip Island winner and points leader Kenan Sofuoglu as he crashed on Friday morning at the Acque Minerali after just a few laps.

At first the consequences for the Turkish rider appeared serious and he went for a check-up at Imola hospital, but he was diagnosed as only having suffered bruises to his neck, left shoulder and a dislocated left knee. Sofuoglu returned to the circuit and went out on the track again but his overall condition got worse and he had to abandon the test.

After a medical check-up by Dr. Corbascio of the Clinica Mobile, it was decided to insert a stabilizing screw in his knee in an operation under local anaesthetic, thus ensuring that Sofuoglu will not miss the Imola round in a couple of weeks time.

Team manager Vanni Lorenzini confirmed: "We are sorry about what happened to Kenan, but now we feel better for him because, after fearing possible complications, it was confirmed that our rider can take part in the Imola round on April 1st without any problems. The operation would have allowed him to start racing again immediately, but we preferred to let him rest some more."

View the full article

206_p01_sykes_action.jpg

Tom Sykes (Kawasaki Racing Team) has demolished all the Aragon circuit records at the conclusion of two days of Superbike private testing in Spain.

On Sunday the British rider had lapped in a time of 1 minute 58.4 seconds, four-tenths under Checa's lap record, but today on soft tyres he went even quicker to record a 1 minute 57.2 seconds lap, which knocks almost half a second off the 2011 pole time. With this performance, Sykes confirmed that he and the team are now on the right track following their Phillip Island podium, and are gearing up to repeat this form in less than two week's time at Imola.

Aragon also saw promising form recorded by the two BMW Motorrad team riders. Marco Melandri was able to test a new swing-arm and suspension link, which gave positive results, while Leon Haslam tried out a new spec engine. The British rider proved to be particularly impressive on softer tyres, which his Italian team-mate did not use.

Max Biaggi (Aprilia Racing Team) set some fast times in the morning session, his quickest being a 1'58.8 lap, the 2010 champion trying out an evo-spec engine that Aprilia will bring to the world championship rounds from Monza onwards, but the Italian finished the test session early.

Overall times (unofficial): 1. Sykes (Kawasaki) 1'57.2; 2. Haslam (BMW) 1'58.2; 3. Lascorz (Kawasaki) 1'58.2; 4. Biaggi (Aprilia) 1'58.8; 5. Melandri (BMW) 1'59.1; 6. Laverty (Aprilia) 1'59.5; 7. Mercado (Kawasaki) 2'00.9.

View the full article

• Neu erstellen...