• Antworten 2,5Tsd
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

Top-Benutzer in diesem Thema

• MOTORRADonline.de

• motogp.com

• WORLDSBK.COM

biaggibarbier_pirelli_phillipisland_news.jpg

Giorgio Barbier, Racing Director Pirelli Moto, sums up the opening round of the 2012 Superbike World Championship held at the Phillip Island circuit in Australia, from the point of view of the championship's official one-make tyre supplier.

"The track at Phillip Island, as we know, has always been a very demanding circuit for tyres as they are subjected to heavy and constant thermal-mechanical stress, especially on the left side because of the track layout. On top of this, add the asphalt from 1998 which, being so old, provides very little grip (which is why it will be resurfaced at the end of the year) and, above all, very high air and asphalt temperatures. Just think that on Saturday the air temperature reached 36-37 Celsius while the asphalt rose to 62. The tyres, which on most tracks usually operate at temperatures around 115-120 Celsius, reached 140-150 in this first race of the 2012 World Superbike Championship (measured with a pyrometer at a depth of 3 mm from the tread surface). Having made that statement which was necessary to fully comprehend the conditions in which the competition was held, we are satisfied with the way the weekend went.

"The tyres performed well, allowing all the riders to finish the scheduled race laps. The solutions we brought for SBK with a larger profile of 196.5 on the rear, in favour of a larger contact area to limit excessive wear on the left side, were very popular with the riders both in the SC0 soft compound and SC1 medium compound solutions, so much that no one opted for the classic 190 solution. The effectiveness of the solutions we brought here and their adaptability to the various teams' bikes was clearly demonstrated in race 2, where riders from four different teams took the first four places. Congratulations in particular to Max Biaggi and Carlos Checa who will no doubt provide us with great entertainment again this year, along with all the other contenders for the world title."

Pirelli BEST LAP Awards:

SBK Race 1 - Max Biaggi (Aprilia Racing Team), 1' 31.785 (Lap 4)

SBK Race 2 - Carlos Checa (Althea Racing), 1' 32.846 (Lap 6)

WSS - Fabien Foret (Kawasaki Intermoto Step), 1' 35.274 (Lap 2)

View the full article

biaggi_apriliaracing_race.jpg

Max Biaggi scored two fantastic results over the weekend at Phillip Island, on a track that historically is not thought to be favourable to himself and his Aprilia Racing machine in Superbike.

At the start of race 1 Max started well from the second spot on the grid, and straight away was on the exhausts of Checa and Sykes. Aided by the good pace he showed during the test sessions, Max overtook the Kawasaki rider during the third lap, then clocked a new lap record for the circuit 1'31.785, beating Corser's five-year-old mark. A crash by Checa, at that point with Max bearing down hard on him, paved the way to victory, won with more than 7 seconds advantage over the closest rival.

Race 2 was even more exciting and will be long remembered by the fans. Rocketing out well when the red lights went off, Max was involved in contact with Sykes on the first turn, a collision which moved the brake lever and prevented proper braking. Re-entering the track in last place, with an eight second disadvantage, the five time world champion laid down 22 breathtaking laps filled with duels, overtaking moves, fast laps and cool concentration, coming back to second place and earning the provisional leadership in the 2012 World Championship.

The emotion came through clearly in Max's words: 'After such a difficult winter this is extremely satisfying for me. I worked without sparing myself and during the testing here at Phillip Island we truly tried a lot of things and the results prove us right. The first weekend with my new Team puts us out front and I have to thank both my guys and Aprilia for that. Race 1 was great, and the second one maybe even better. After running off the track I only thought about focusing and giving my all, because coming back from last place is always risky. We succeeded. We're taking home two good results and now there is nothing left to do but keep the tension high to confirm our strength at Imola. I am leaving for Montecarlo so Monday I'll be home and I'll begin to prepare for the next round'.

View the full article

689_r01_sykes_action.jpg

Tom Sykes' first round results, after a winter of intense testing and development, demonstrated that Kawasaki's plans have been moving the race set-up of the Ninja ZX-10R in the right direction. It was particularly evident at Phillip Island as this track has seldom been kind to Sykes or the team in the past and Tom does not cite it as one of his favourites.

In race one Tom led for the first two laps and was in a podium place for 13 laps, only dropping back in the final few circuits as the wind started to affect his machine and tyre wear took its toll. Changes to the bike set-up in race two helped Tom not only lead again and then defend his position but he was also able to run down Jonathan Rea to secure third exiting the final corner and holding it down the long straight.

Tom Sykes: "In race one I got a good start and over race distance I had been feeling really strong all week. It was a very difficult race with the wind blowing me and the bike around but to be honest I had to use my head a bit and not get sucked into too much fighting. I was just trying to manage the gap behind, but to come away with a fourth, on a track like this, using the same tyres as the guys on the podium, is a bit of a first for us. It shows the progress Kawasaki has made over the winter.

To take the podium on the last lap was really satisfying and the bike has been working really well in winter testing so big thanks to the team; they were very focused. Race two was even more windy than race one but my crew chief and team changed the balance of the bike and compensated for some things. For sure we arrived at the limit but we were able to maintain a consistent pace right to the end. I had a good fight with Max for a couple of laps and a few corners. So to come away with pole position, third and fourth in the races? I am over the moon, because this circuit has never been a strong one for us in the past."

View the full article

Früh auftretende Regenstürme führten die Streckenaktivitäten beim offiziellen MotoGP™ Test in Sepang gegen Mittag des zweiten Tages in eine Zwangspause. Ben Spies und Jorge Lorenzo führten die Zeitenlisten an, während die Honda Piloten bis dahin nicht auf der Strecke waren.

Lesen Sie den vollen Bericht

MOTORRADonline.de

Neues-Punktesystem_000.jpg.1344975.jpg   Neuer Punktetacho in Flensburg
Neuregelung des Punktesystems für Verkehrssünden
Das Punktesystem in Flensburg wird komplett überarbeitet. Die auffälligste Änderung: Bereits bei acht Punkten ist der Führerschein in Zukunft weg. Bisher waren dazu 18 Punkte nötig. Gleichzeitig werden die Verkehrsverstöße neu bewertet und die Tilgungsfristen einfacher geregelt. ... > weiter

View the full article

148_r01_sofuoglu_podium.jpg

Kawasaki DeltaFin Lorenzini rider Kenan Sofuoglu took only one race weekend to win his first race on the Ninja ZX-6R and also take an early lead in the overall championship fight. The Turkish rider, twice a World Champion already, believes his new bike has what it takes to make him champion again, and few would argue with him after a display of controlled pace to start and then controlled aggression to finish. He passed three riders on one lap to take the lead and was never headed after that. This was his 18th career win in Supersport, an extension to his all-time record tally.

Kenan Sofuoglu: "I was actually very nervous before the start because last time I won a race was a year and a half ago, so I am really happy. This was my first time racing with Kawasaki and I did not expect that the first weekend we would be so strong. My bike was working well and it has proved that my decision to come back to WSS with Kawasaki was a good one, because I have a really good bike.

I have seen this the last few years and I believe this bike can make me World Champion again. I am happy to be back in this class. Everybody had tyre problems of some kind and I was afraid of what might happen at the end of the race, so I waited and then I took the chance to go into the lead. I made a bit of a gap and I really did not know that Foret was so close behind me on the last lap, so I was pleased to see the flag."

View the full article

624_r01_race1_start.jpg

WorldSBK.com provides a quick round-up of the facts and figures from the opening round of the 2012 FIM Superbike World Championship at the Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit in Australia.

• third career pole for Tom Sykes, the same number as his compatriot Jonathan Rea. So far Sykes has never managed to win a race starting from pole. The Briton however in race two took a significant podium place: Kawasaki didn't manage a podium finish in a season opener in eleven years; the last one before Sykes was Gregorio Lavilla, third in race two in Valencia, 2001;

• tenth straight front row for Carlos Checa, the same sequence was recorded by Americans Doug Polen in 1991 and Ben Spies in 2009. Carlos needs seven more to reach the absolute record of Scott Russell (1993-1994);

• Max Biaggi's win in race one was a landmark one: he has reached Pierfrancesco Chili as the most successful Italian rider in Superbike, with seventeen wins; the couple now share the ninth all-time place. With this win Italy reaches 80 total wins in Superbike. Also the double podium finish brought Max another milestone, now he can count 61 podiums, becoming the ninth rider to reach 60 career podiums (leader is Corser with 130). Max has the same number of podium finishes as the aforementioned Chili and James Toseland;

• sixteenth career podium for Marco Melandri, but most of all the best race result for a BMW bike, second in race one. An amazing result, considering that, for the first time ever, Marco was starting outside the top-10 (thirteenth);

• fourth career podium for Sylvain Guintoli. His fall in race two put an end to a string of twelve top-10 finishes;

• Maxime Berger in race two equalled his best career result, seventh, scored in the closing weekend of last season in Algarve;

• in the Supersport class, Broc Parkes reached Karl Muggeridge in all-time second place for poles (15); at the top lies Sebastien Charpentier, with 22. It's the 50th front row start for Parkes, an absolute record he shares with Fabien Foret. In the race Broc scored his 30th podium;

• eighteenth win and 40th podium placement for Kenan Sofuoglu: he leads both all-time rankings by a huge margin.

Compiled by Michele Merlino

View the full article

660_r01_rea_action.jpgJonathan Rea may have scored a good haul of 22 points in the championship opener at Phillip Island, putting him fourth in the standings, but the Northern Ireland youngster left Australia disappointed about not being able to step onto the podium in either race. The Honda World Superbike rider took seventh and fourth places in the two 22-lap outings, running close to the front on both occasions.

Starting from the outside of the second row, the 25-year-old enjoyed good starts to both outings. In race one, however, a lack of rear grip had dropped him back to seventh at the flag, while in race two, he held second place for much of the race after a set-up change improved grip levels. However, with just two laps to go, he slipped behind Biaggi and then lost out to fellow Brit Tom Sykes on the final straight.

"We've still got a bagful of points to go on to Imola with but we wanted to be on the podium in both races. I honestly feel like we got a bad tyre in race one and in race two we didn't want to run in the same situation, so we were thinking about changing the tyre, but all our logic and race runs throughout the weekend told us to keep this [harder] tyre in the heat.

In race 2 I had more grip - OK, the temperature was even hotter, which would go against our logic - but the tyre felt like it should feel and I was able to ride strong and consistent until probably five laps to go when durability fell off and I was going backwards. I felt fresh and strong in both races and the guys have worked well all weekend. We had a little crash on Saturday and the boys worked so good with the one-bike rule to get us back out there.

Now we move on to some tracks that are good for us and there's a lot of work to do back at base. The guys need to find some speed, so that's on the agenda; I've just done a de-brief and everything feels OK. I want to say thanks to everyone for all their help this weekend - it feels good to get to the start of the season fit and healthy and I'm looking forward to round two now."

View the full article

552_r01_25years_riders.jpg

As part of on-going initiatives to celebrate 25 years of the Superbike World Championship, the starting-grid at Phillip Island was the scene for the first awards ceremony of the year as four past, but still famous glories stepped up to receive their 25th anniversary medals.

Aussies Rob Phillis, Peter Goddard and Troy Corser together with Kiwi Aaron Slight, all former winners at the Phillip Island circuit, were given their medals and a framed image of an early race of theirs at the track by Infront Motor Sports CEO Paolo Flammini and SBK Championship Director Paolo Ciabatti.

Goddard and Phillis were the first-ever World Superbike winners, respectively on a Yamaha and a Kawasaki, at Phillip Island back in the inaugural event there in 1990, Slight had to wait until 1997 to take his first and only win on a Castrol Honda RC45 in race 2, while Corser is a record seven-time winner on Ducati, Aprilia and Suzuki machinery, his first victory coming in race 1 in 1995.

View the full article

• Neu erstellen...