Zum Inhalt springen

MOTORRADonline.de - bis 10.02.2013

MOTORRADonline.de

Empfohlene Beiträge

MOTORRADonline.de

MOTORRAD_USA_BMW.jpg.1624705.jpg   USA-Reise: Mit dem Motorrad durch Arizona
Auf Nebenstrecken durch Nationalparks und Wüste
Auf Nebenstrecken durch Nationalparks und Wüsten. Im Blickpunkt: die mexikanische Grenze, bizarre Ortschaften, skurrile Typen, Riesenkakteen, dicke Motoren und wahnsinnige Widersprüche. ... > weiter

View the full article

• Antworten 2,5Tsd
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

Top-Benutzer in diesem Thema

• MOTORRADonline.de

• motogp.com

• WORLDSBK.COM

MOTORRADonline.de

DT_Thunderbird_Triumph_zerlegt.jpg.16253   Dauertest-Fazit für den Triumph-Cruiser
Test: 50 000 Kilometer mit der Triumph Thunderbird
Die Thunderbird 1600 hat sich zusammen mit der 1700er-Thunderbird Storm zu Triumphs bestverkauftem Cruiser gemausert. ABS, gutes Fahrwerk und bequeme Sitzhaltung haben sich herumgesprochen. Aber stimmen auch Qualität und Haltbarkeit? ... > weiter

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

KTM_690-Duke_2012.jpg.1624701.jpg   Die Kurven Suchmaschine von KTM
KTM 690 Duke im Top-Test
Unter dem Suchbegriff Kurvenwetzer gibt es bei KTM viele Ergebnisse. Ganz oben aber steht gewiss die Duke, ein Schräglagen-Flitzer mit Suchtpotenzial. Die soll nun vor allem alltagstauglicher, umgänglicher, pflegeleichter sein. Wurde aus der kantig-kapriziösen Diva nun Everybodys Darling? ... > weiter

View the full article

363_p01_camier_box.jpg

The prime Suzuki effort in SBK racing in 2012, the Crescent Fixi Suzuki Team, had its first taste of competition at Phillip Island and despite not taking away the kind of results the British-based team had hoped for first time out there were indications that the future will be bright.

Despite a relative lack of top end from their first spec engines when compared to some of their rivals Leon Camier was able to lap strongly in race two for a time, after contact with another rider in race one ruined his chance of a points scoring ride.

Camier was 17th and then 12th in the races and stated, "Of course, I wanted better results today but we've gathered masses of information in the team's first ever SBK race (Ed. this year) and I'm positive that we'll see a big improvement in Imola. I can't tell you how happy I am with the GSXR's chassis - for me it has the potential to win races. The bike brakes really well, is stable in mid-corner and I'm perfectly happy with its character. If we can get a bit more power, we'll be contenders for sure. In race one, I got pushed off the track by Giugliano and lost ground. I started chasing back to catch up, but as the race went on the tyre wore out completely and I couldn't push any harder. In the second race, I got hemmed in going into turn one, lost ground and was 14th at the end of lap one. I was able to pass a lot of people on the brakes, but lost out on acceleration and top speed and again the way I had to ride to compensate destroyed the tyre at the end. This was a tough day but the potential is huge."

The ‘new boys' in the SBK paddock now have much data to take to the next round at Imola where they will continue on their steep learning curve at full pace.

View the full article

Der zweite Sepang-Test vor Saisonbeginn ging bei schönem Wetter zu Ende (Außentemperaturen 26-34° Strecke 34-59° C). Das machte es den Teams am finalen Tag möglich, den Zeitverlust nach ausgiebigen Regenperioden über die ersten zwei Testtage wieder gutzumachen.

Lesen Sie den vollen Bericht

340_p01_laverty_box.jpg

After hurting himself in pre-season tests, and even toying with the idea of going home to get surgery at one time, Eugene Laverty (Aprilia Racing) was able to get himself onto the grid for the two opening races of the year at Phillip Island last weekend. His effort was worthwhile in one way as he scored points for eighth in race two, but he was only able to get on the grid at all by bringing over his own physiotherapist from Europe, Mickey Kerr.

For Laverty, it is obvious that the opening race did not go the way he planned it, even after suffering an injury in testing, but he knows every point will count in 2012. "It would have been nice to have got points in both races. It would have made the effort more worthwhile if I had got two eighth positions," said Laverty from his home. "It was such an effort to ride at that level so to make it so far along and then to have the problems that had that robbed me of the points in race one was frustrating. In the end we were where we needed to be on track. It was important that Mickey came out to work with me and he really helped my chances. His help got me on the grid really. Scoring points made it worthwhile."

All the drama and fallout of two big pre-race crashes can almost be summed up in the fact that Laverty had to race with his 2011 crash helmet, as he had wrecked his two latest versions. After the heat of battle Laverty describes his own list of injuries. "Two big bangs in the head," he said. "My ankle is sprained but my left hand feels a bit more normal even after a couple of days after the race. I am just well beaten around, so my right shoulder and left fingers are hurting. My head is starting to clear up a bit more and luckily we have a bit of a break now until the next round. I don't think I need any surgery on my cracked hand. I had a similar injury a few years ago, opted against surgery and it turned out to be the best thing I could have done. I am not a big fan of getting metalwork in there unless it is completely necessary! It was a really frustrating ten days or so and everything that could go wrong did go wrong, but it wasn't really anyone's fault in the end."

Laverty, who had been a leading light of pre-season testing since he first put a leg over the Aprilia RSV4, knows he needs time more than anything to help his hand heal up - but he has an important date even before he heads to Imola for round two of the championship. "It is important that we have such a big break between Phillip Island and Imola but we have a test at Aragon on 18 and 19 March. I am aiming to be fit for that. I want to be back and to be able to ride the bike in the way I know I can. In the races in Australia it was very unnatural and not being able to push on the left handlebar was a strange feeling."

View the full article

svitok2.jpg

TomáÅ¡ Svitok from Slovakia will again line up on the starting-grid of the FIM Superstock 1000 Cup, but this year he won't be alone in his SK Energy Team as Marco Bussolotti of Italy, twice runner-up in the European Superstock 600 class, will be joining him on board the Ducati 1098R machines.

The two riders, both 21 years of age, have been carrying out their first three-day test at the Motorland Aragon circuit in Spain. The aim of the test was to refresh their skills after the winter break, get to know the new rider and mechanics and work on a basic set-up for the upcoming season that kicks off on April 1st at Imola.

TomáÅ¡ Svitok declared: "I was able to get close to my best lap time from last year immediately during the first day, which made me really happy. Unfortunately I had a high speed crash (177 km/h) on the following day, and although I tried my best to keep going, I ended up going to hospital instead, where I was diagnosed with concussion. I managed to get back on track for the last day and even though I was only planning to take it easy, I and my mechanics managed to do a big chunk of work. We found a perfect set-up for the bike and I also improved my lap time by almost 2 seconds compared to last year. It's such a shame that I had to miss a whole day due to the crash. But I was nevertheless leaving satisfied."

ĽuboÅ¡ GréÄ, SK Energy team owner, added: "I'm very positive after the test in Spain. We needed to try out our new rider and mechanics and I can declare that they all did a great job. I'm sorry for Tomas, who had a heavy crash, but much to my surprise he managed to recover and finish with an encouraging time. The new rider, Italian Marco Bussolotti, also proved to be very professional. This was his first time riding a Ducati and he did a great job. The bike seems to be more than suitable for him and he proved this by doing some very good times. Before the actual start of the season, the team has one more test planned at Misano."

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

Relaunch_DSC4601.JPG-V-Editorial-%236_20   Neu im Handel: MOTORRAD 06/2012
Michael Pfeiffer über das neue Layout und neue Inhalte
Diese Ausgabe von MOTORRAD ist eine ganz besondere. Nicht nur, dass wir mit der jeweils ersten Ausgabe im März die Saison einläuten. Diesmal haben wir unser Blatt auch grundlegend überarbeitet. ... > weiter

View the full article

652_r01_melandri_grid.jpg

Now in its fourth year of competition in the FIM Superbike World Championship the official BMW Motorrad Motorsport team demonstrated that it is still improving by taking its best individual race finish of second at Phillip Island last weekend.

Marco Melandri had not enjoyed some of his experiences during the winter test period and set-up issues in qualifying held him down in 13th place on the grid. But come the start of the year he and his crew found the key to let Marco overcome all but one of the riders in race one.

This second place was a historic one for BMW as it was the best ever result for the S1000RR - all previous five podium finishes having been third places. Not a bad start for the partnership of Melandri and BMW and one that places Melandri second in the riders' rankings with 30 points. Thanks to the efforts of the injured Leon Haslam on the other top BMW, the official squad collected 45 points in total, the most ever from the German marque in this class.

Melandri had many reasons to be satisfied with the way his first BMW raceday worked out. "Giving BMW its best ever result in only my first race on the RR is awesome. I still cannot believe that. The guys at the circuit and in the factory are working really hard, and they have done a great job. We didn't quite know how we would perform in the race as we hadn't done any long runs in pre-season testing. During the race I just tried to keep my rhythm and tried not to override as I knew I would have to look after the tyres. I had to wait for the right moment to pass Tom Sykes and Sylvain Guintoli. In the final two laps Sylvain was pushing very hard again, but I kept focused on my race and defended my position. Race two was very difficult. It was warmer, so I had to push harder to catch the guys in front of me, and it was not easy. But we finished the first weekend second in the championship, and that is better than expected."

Bernhard Gobmeier, BMW Motorrad Motorsport Director, was justifiably proud of all his staff while keeping his feet on the ground that there is still a lot of work to do. "Overall the weekend was very positive - Marco's second place means the best result for BMW Motorrad in World Superbike so far. The weekend was a bit of a roller coaster, but in the end we proved that our work over the winter paid off. Still, we are not where we want to be, and we have some areas to work on, and this is what we will do over the next couple of weeks. Considering the grip issues Marco faced in race two, which unexpectedly showed up from the beginning of the race, his performance cannot be valued high enough. He did an outstanding job, demonstrated his qualities, and is now lying second in the World Championship."

The BMW squad will travel to Spain for a test later this month in readiness for the next championship round at Imola on April 1.

View the full article

056_t04_guintoli_action.jpg

After a strong mid-season and a top six finish in the 2011 campaign for Sylvain Guintoli the indicators were good that he would have another strong year in SBK racing in 2012. At the first round he certainly showed all his star quality in qualifying and race conditions, as the Team Effenbert Liberty Racing Ducati rider was a top five man on the grid and then a podium finisher in race one.

Race two ended in a fall, without injury for the French star, but by then he had already realised that running a privateer Ducati once again was a good option for him, especially now he has had a season to get used to machine and team. He may have had to work hard for his top three in race one in Australia, but it was just reward for a rider who started his 2011 Phillip Island race weekend in great form, but then suffered injuries that ruined the early part of his first twin cylinder season.

Said Guintoli after race one in Australia, "I was sliding all over the place near the end and I really enjoyed that first race. It feels really good to be on the podium. After what happened to me here last year, this is the best reward I could get. It was hard work, but I'm very happy. My team has done such a great job."

Guintoli's race engineer, Luca Ferraccioli, said of his rider's race one performance, "Sylvain had a fantastic first race, getting on the podium after a battle elbow to elbow with first Tom Sykes and then Melandri was the best way to start the new season, especially considering the bad crash he had here last year."

Guintoli now has the chance to go for more podiums at Imola in round two, as he strives for a season in the spotlight with his Czech-based privateer team. He now has four podiums in SBK racing, all on Ducatis, and all from starting spots just off the front row after qualifying and Superpole.

View the full article

ap2_5701.jpg

At Phillip Island Max Biaggi was in terrific form, the Italian once again back on the top of the podium in race 1 and then the author of a fantastic recovery from 14th and last place at the end of lap 1 to finish runner-up at the flag, notching up 20 more points in the standings.

Biaggi, now leading the championship on 45 points, came away from Australia fully satisfied with the potential of his Aprilia RSV4 Factory and his new team. In this exclusive interview with WorldSBK.com Biaggi talks of his feelings at this current moment, and urges his fans and supporters not to miss the next round at Imola on April 1st.

What a great weekend! A win in race 1, a fantastic recovery in the second: "The Roman Emperor is back!" must have been the message addressed to your rivals?

"I get goose pimples when I think back at the week in Australia .... On an emotional level it was really great! And it wasn't a bad visiting-card for the first race of the year."

Going into more detail, what exactly happened at the start of race 2? But above all, when did you think it was possible to get back up to the front?

"In race 2 I made contact with my mate Tom (Sykes), coming off worst and finding myself in last place, but I didn't lose heart and focused on getting back up the field. After a never-ending race, to think that I finished in second place is hard to believe..."

We know that it's been a difficult winter for you because of the changes inside your own crew and team. Did you expect to have such a good feeling with your new team members and get such good results right away?

"It was one of the toughest winters of my racing career. My former team decided to leave me and Aprilia and move to MotoGP: this was a bit of a blow because we had to put together a team from scratch in December. I must admit I felt pretty bad about the whole thing, but in the end I can understand that in this sport people make decisions because they have reasons to do so. The best response to all that was out on the track, with a new team and the fresh enthusiasm of the new members, and me and my RSV4 completed the job in Australia. I'm happy to have found a bunch of motivated guys who are ready to fight with me and constantly improve."

For a variety of reasons in Australia you and Checa didn't really go head-to-head, only for a few laps in race 1. Do you think he is going to be your main opponent in the fight for the world title?

"The races were really gripping and I reckon that the Checa-Ducati combination is still the one to beat. They've both got great potential and you could see that in race 2, so ....watch out!"

The Imola round is in less than a month away. Looking back at your title win in 2010 and your outstanding weekend at Phillip Island, what can you promise your fans?

"Imola is an important event. I don't really love the track, but I have great memories there. My fans will now be even more fired up than ever but they can be sure that I'll give my all and even more. It's a tough circuit for me but my slogan for the 2012 season is to ... amaze! We can expect anything to happen..."

View the full article

• Neu erstellen...