• Antworten 2,5Tsd
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

Top-Benutzer in diesem Thema

• MOTORRADonline.de

• motogp.com

• WORLDSBK.COM

647_r09_pirelli_bestlap_sykes.jpg

Giorgio Barbier (Racing Director Pirelli Moto) analyzes the ninth round of the year, held at the Automotodrom Brno circuit in the Czech Republic.

"The two World Superbike Championship races on the Brno circuit confirmed that the selection of solutions we decided to bring to this round was definitely the right one, especially considering the fact that the weather conditions turned out to be quite unpredictable throughout the entire weekend. Specifically, Sunday was marked by brief showers and rather low temperatures for this time of year. In fact, Race 1 was held with an asphalt temperature of 22°C and a few sections of the track which were completely wet, while for Race 2 there was a temperature of 19° but completely dry asphalt. Both of the SC0 compound solutions for the rear were popular with the riders, particularly the brand new R874 in an oversize 200 inches profile which was chosen by about 70% of the riders. My compliments to Marco Melandri and the entire BMW Motorrad Motorsport team for the fine work they have done these past few days, moving into the manufacturer leadership. I would also like to compliment Kawasaki for their excellent placements both in Superbike and in the Supersport and Superstock 1000 classes. This year the Championship has once again proven to be very exciting: at five rounds from the end there are four riders and four teams who are very much in the running for the world title."

Pirelli BEST LAP Awards:

SBK Race 1 - Carlos Checa (Althea Racing) 2'00.741 (Lap 20)

SBK Race 2 - Tom Sykes (Kawasaki Racing Team) 1'59.728 (Lap 2)

Total BEST LAP : Checa C. (Althea Racing) 6, Biaggi M. (Aprilia Racing Team) 4, Melandri M. (BMW Motorrad Motorsport) 3, Sykes T. (Kawasaki Racing Team) 3, Guintoli S. (Team Effenbert Liberty Racing) 1

WSS - Broc Parkes (Ten Kate Racing Products) 2'04.011 (Lap 7)

Total BEST LAP : Lowes S. (Bogdanka PTR Honda) 2, Foret F. (Kawasaki Intermoto Step) 2, Parkes B. (Ten Kate Racing Products) 2, Lanzi L. (Prorace) 1, Sheridan Morais (Kawasaki Lorenzini) 1

STK1000 - Robbie Brown (DMC Racing) 2'14.253 (Lap 10)

STK600 - Gauthier Duwelz (Team MTM Racing) 2'06.855 (Lap 8)

View the full article

leon-haslam-strips-down-for-silverstone-world-superbikes-3-5-aug-body-painting-feature-6.jpg

As Silverstone prepares to host the next round of the eni FIM Superbike World Championship, the Northamptonshire circuit has teamed up with British rider Leon Haslam for a 'revealing' preview activity with a difference. Currently sixth overall in the highly competitive series, Haslam was patience-personified ahead of his home race, as he sportingly agreed to strip down to the waist and have his BMW Motorrad Motorsport team leathers

by double World Body Painting Champion, Carolyn Roper.

It took Carolyn over three hours to replicate Haslam's leathers on his upper-body, but the end result was quite spectacular and well worth the wait. Carolyn's unique style and attention to detail has firmly established her as one of the World's leading body painters. By the time she had finished, it was practically impossible to distinguish where Haslam's leathers stopped and the body paint started.

Haslam then joined one of the UK's leading portrait photographers, Gary Prior, for a photo shoot in one of the Silverstone garages. Prior has photographed some of the biggest names in sport, ranging from David Beckham, Lionel Messi and Jonny Wilkinson to Andy Murray, Jenson Button and Maria Sharapova.

Speaking about his body painting experience, Haslam said: "It was frustrating having to stand in one place for three hours and not see what was going on, but I couldn't believe it when Carolyn had finished applying the paint and I was finally allowed to look in the mirror. The body paint was unbelievably realistic and the attention to detail, right down to the sponsors' badges, was incredible. Carolyn is amazingly talented."

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

Triumph-T-Cup_010.jpg.1905480.jpg   Triumph Street Triple-Cup 2012 Oschersleben
Eckhardt weiterhin Pro-Spitze, Reinke neuer Amateur-Führender
Pascal Eckhardt scheint sich vollends auf die Triumph Street Triple eingeschossen zu haben und holt zwei souveräne Laufsiege in der Motor Sport Arena Oschersleben. André Reinke bestärkt seinen Aufwärtstrend und verdrängt Ulrich Bonsels von der Spitzenposition der Amateur-Wertung. ... > weiter

View the full article

751_r09_race2_start.jpgWorldSBK.com provides a quick round-up of the facts and figures from the ninth eni FIM Superbike World Championship round at the Brno circuit in the Czech Republic.

RACES

• First career double for Marco Melandri, who joins the elite of 36 riders able to win both races in a weekend: the record men in this area are Troy Bayliss and Carl Fogarty with sixteen each;

• This was also the first BMW double, the eighth constructor to reach this goal. At the top is Ducati, with 112 doubles;

• Marco Melandri is becoming an icon for the German manufacturer: he has given them, in order, their best result, second in Phillip Island this year, then their first win in Donington and now their first double;

• Italian riders now have won seven consecutive races: four by Melandri and three by Biaggi. The record for Italy had already been beaten in Aragon, while the absolute record is still quite far away: in 2003 from Valencia to Silverstone, there were twelve straight British wins, eleven by Neil Hodgson and one by James Toseland;

• In race one Tom Sykes and Loris Baz were able to take two Kawasakis to the podium for the first time since the 2001 Sugo round, when Hitoyasu Izutsu and Tamaki Serizawa were second and third in race two. The Sugo rounds however favoured local wild cards at the time, so to find two Kawasakis on the podium in a race run outside Japan, we have to go back to the 1998 Laguna Seca round, race one, when Akira Yanagawa and Doug Chandler were second and third;

• Loris Baz became the second youngest rider in history to climb on the podium at the age of 19 years, 5 months and 21 days. The record was set by Japan's Yuichi Takeda, in Sugo, 1996: he won at 18 years, 8 months and 27 days;

• Tenth career podium for Tom Sykes in race two;

• A curious record for Eugene Laverty: he has always finished his four races in Brno in fifth place;

• For the first time in his Superbike career, Max Biaggi missed out on the podium in Brno in both races and Jonathan Rea wasn't able to finish in the top-10;

QUALIFYING

• Tom Sykes scored his ninth career pole, joining Raymond Roche at the ninth all-time spot;

• Seventh season pole for Kawasaki, a record for the Japanese manufacturer: the absolute record of thirteen poles was set by Ducati twenty years ago (1992), while in recent times Yamaha were able to record eleven in 2009, all by Ben Spies;

• Tom Sykes, starting from the next round, will be able to reach the third absolute value for season poles: eight, scored by Bayliss in 2008. The absolute record is the aforementioned one by Spies;

• 30th front row start for Carlos Checa, only one less than Max Biaggi in the all-time list. At the top Troy Corser with 99. Milestone also for Eugene Laverty, at his tenth front row start;

• For the third time in the last four races, Davide Giugliano scored his best qualifying result, a fourth, the same spot he occupied in Miller and Misano;

• Max Biaggi's performances in Brno this year were below par also in qualifying: fourteenth, eleven places behind his team-mate Laverty, Up to now he had always qualified on the front row in Brno and was never beaten by a team-mate;

Compiled by Michele Merlino

View the full article

043_p09_press_conference.jpg

The vast country of India arrived in the Supersport World Championship in the form of the Kawasaki MSD R-N Team India at the recent Czech Republic race. Put together in the matter of a few weeks since the first agreement to go racing this season, in preparation for a full assault next year, the team fielded French youngster Florian Marino on a Ninja ZX-6R last weekend and he rode well to get into the points from a starting place of 23rd.

The team was introduced to the collected media at Brno before race day and team principal Mr Amit Sandill had the chance to explain more about the ambitions of a team which will have a home race at the Buddh International Circuit near Delhi next year, the first full season for this fledgling team so full of potential.

"We are looking at it from the long term perspective," he stated. "Trying to grow the sport in Asia. The sport itself is in a pretty nascent stage in Asia so this is a first step. Trying to get to the championship and making a kind of mark in the championship and then take the sport to India and then other countries in Asia. We would also like to start a Racing Academy. Behind all this is the passion, which comes as a bonus."

The team should be joined on track at the next round in Silverstone by the currently injured British rider Dan Linfoot, who won two Superstock 600 races in 2008. Marino is a four-time Superstock 600 race winner, and was a full time Honda WSS rider last year. The squad has its base at Yeovil in the UK and technical director will be Andrew Stone, who currently looks after Fabien Foret's bike.

One curiosity does surround the team name, as MSD stands for Mahendra Singh Dhoni, the captain of India's cricket World Cup winning team, and Amit Sandill's partner in this new motorsport venture.

View the full article

guintoli_pata.jpgPata Racing Ducati has officially announced that Sylvain Guintoli will form part of the team from the next round of the Superbike World Championship at Silverstone onwards, where he will team up with Lorenzo Zanetti. The Frenchman currently lies eighth overall in the production-based championship this year, with one win to his name at Assen, six podiums and one pole position. He has started from the front row six times, has set three fastest laps and has accumulated a total of 523 points so far. Pata Racing has now secured the services of one of the top riders in the championship.

"I am delighted with this new collaboration, which enables me to look serenely to the future" declared Guintoli. "I would like to thank Team Pata for the interest they have shown in me, as well as Ducati, the sponsors and all those who made this agreement possible. My desire to race and to do so in the best possible conditions has never been lacking and I can't wait to show this starting with the next round of the season on August 5th."

Team Manager Andrea Prando added: "The team has now been strengthened with the arrival of an expert and successful rider like Sylvain Guintoli. This new collaboration has come about thanks to the efforts of my main sponsor who strongly believe in the work and the commitment of the entire team to take part in the championship at the highest level. The arrival of a rider of the calibre of Sylvain will also help Lorenzo Zanetti, who as always enjoys our utmost support."

View the full article

end_2011_07_31_suzuka_8hr_kousukeakiyoshi_4483.jpgThis coming weekend the Suzuka 8 Hour race in Japan celebrates its 35th edition and the entry list for the FIM-sanctioned Endurance racing classic looks to be one of the strongest in recent years, with 61 teams and 164 riders set to line up at the start. Honda appear to be favourite once again, but Yamaha and Suzuki are also looking particularly competitive this year with several past and present WSB stars coming on board to help boost their efforts.

At the top of the list of candidates for the win must be the Anglo-Japanese pairing of Jonathan Rea, who tackles the race with current Honda test-rider, JSB champion and 2011 winner, Kosuke Akiyoshi (photo) for the F.C.C. TSR Honda team. Rea is no stranger to this race either following two participations in 2008 and 2010.

Takumi Takahashi, three-time WSB race winner Ryuichi Kiyonari and Rea's current team-mate Hiroshi Aoyama will ride for the MuSASHi RT HARC-PRO Honda outfit, with Kiyonari already having four Suzuka wins to his name (in 2005, 2008, 2010 and 2011).

Honda's toughest opposition will probably come from the Monster Energy Yamaha-YART squad of Katsuyuki Nakasuga, current BSB leader Tommy Hill and WSB stalwart, the legendary Noriyuki Haga.

The Yoshimura Suzuki Racing Team have called upon FIXI Crescent's WSB rider Leon Camier, who will join former Australian SBK champion Josh Waters and Nobuatsu Aoki for their leading effort.

European manufacturers will also be represented by three BMW S 1000 RR machines, two Aprilia RSV4 and one KTM RC8R, as well as one Ducati 1199 Panigale entered by the Sugai Racing Team Japan.

First qualifying for the Suzuka 8 Hours race, one of the world's most gruelling and enduring endurance events, takes place on Friday with the race getting underway on Sunday morning.

View the full article

Zur Pressekonferenz am Donnerstag vor dem Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix in Laguna Seca kam Yamaha-Factory-Racing-Pilot Ben Spies, der bestätigte, dass er sein Team Ende des Jahres verlässt, jedoch noch nichts über seine Pläne für 2013 verriet. Begleitet wurde er von Teamkollege und WM-Leader Jorge Lorenzo sowie von Casey Stoner, Valentino Rossi und Colin Edwards.

Lesen Sie den vollen Bericht

050_r09_staring_podium.jpg

Former Aussie Superbike champion Bryan Staring (Kawasaki Team Pedercini) has re-ignited his and his Pedercini team's ambitions in the Superstock 1000 championship in 2012, overcoming some hard times last year and this.

Having come to Europe as Aussie 125cc, Supersport and Superbike Champion in 2011, Staring carried a lot of expectations in his hand luggage when he arrived for his first full season. All the Kawasaki riders found it hard to get on the podium last year on the all-new Ninja ZX-10R, and the rider who finally put it into a top three placing was Kawasaki Lorenzini by Leoni rider Sheridan Morais.

Bearing the bulk of Kawasaki's hopes in 2012, and back on a Pedercini Kawasaki again, Staring showed flashes of his and his machine's true abilities (second for a time in Assen before a DNF) but a small change in set-up on the front end of his machine at the previous Motorland Aragon round brought him a brilliant breakthrough win. One round later and in full wet conditions Staring went from not quite there in dry qualifying to wet race winner for the second race in succession. In doing so he moved up to third in the points, 24 points from the new leader Eddi La Marra (Barni Racing Team Ducati) and on a wave of confidence and relief that is palpable. "We have now won one race in the dry and one race in the wet on the Ninja ZX-10R so it makes me happy, the team happy and I'm sure Kawasaki too," said Staring, who now looks every inch the typical relaxed Aussie achiever.

Staring knows there is a lot to do still, and that some tracks will suit his opposition's machines more than his own, but he is certainly looking for more race wins. "I will just take it one race at a time," he confirmed. "We had a lot of bad luck at the start of the season but it has been coming together better for us in the past few races. A huge thanks to my team and a big, big thanks to Kawasaki."

Staring now heads to Silverstone looking to get ahead of La Marra and Sylvain Barrier (BMW Motorrad Italia Goldbet STK) in second place.

040_r09_staring_action.jpg065_r09_staring_action.jpg062_r09_staring_finish.jpg061_r09_staring_action.jpg

View the full article

092_r09_foret_action.jpgFabien Foret's win at Brno for the Kawasaki Intermoto Step team last weekend in front of the Czech squad's home crowd might have been an unexpected one due to the mandatory red flag procedure, but despite this it was an important second triumph of the season for the ever-competitive Frenchman. Thanks to this win, Foret cut the gap to championship leader Kenan Sofuoglu (Kawasaki Lorenzini) to 29 points, a result that while keeping him in third place in the standings, boosted his chances of taking an eventual second WSS title this season.

"How to contain my joy after this victory?" exclaimed Foret after his win. "A special victory, on a track I particularly like, on my team's track and on which I have many memories. I already won here in the past, with another team, with another manufacturer, but I also experienced injury here. I really chased this victory, the second of the season after the first one in Imola."

When the race was stopped during lap 15 following a nasty high-side involving Ronan Quarmby (PTR Honda), Foret had just been overtaken by Sofuoglu. But the regulation states that when the red flags come out to halt the race, the final standings are drawn up on the basis of countback to the previous lap completed by all the riders, in this case lap 13.

"I concentrated on the race and we determined a strategy with my technical director, Andrew Stone. I meticulously followed this strategy from the beginning of the race, being as incisive as possible. I was able to stay ahead of the others most of the race. Then Kenan Sofuoglu came back and overtook me at three laps of the finish line. I stayed behind. I had a good rhythm, and then the race got interrupted. The red flag came out less than one lap after Kenan passed me; therefore I was declared the winner of the race. It's a happy ending, also a little revenge on fate which wasn't always in my favor this season."

View the full article

• Neu erstellen...