Zum Inhalt springen

MOTORRADonline.de - bis 10.02.2013

MOTORRADonline.de

Empfohlene Beiträge

MOTORRADonline.de

0364138.jpg.1307148.jpg   Moto2-WM: widersprüchliche Meldungen zum Start von Marquez
Bradls Titeljagd - Weltmeistertitel steht doch noch nicht fest
Stefan Bradl muss entgegen erster Meldungen doch noch auf seinen WM-Titel in der Moto2-Katgorie warten bzw. im nächsten Rennen mindestens 13. werden. Nachdem Promoter Dorna dem Sender Sport1, der die Rennen überträgt, zunächst bestätigt hatte, dass Marc Marquez, Bradls ärgster Konkurrent um die WM-Krone, beim abschließenden Rennen in Valencia nicht an den Start gehen würde, ruderte diei Dorna nun zurück. Es bestehe eine minimale Chance, dass der Spanier doch noch starten könne. Insofern ist der WM-Titel von Bradl noch nicht ganz in trockenen Tüchern. ... > weiter

View the full article

• Antworten 2,5Tsd
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

Top-Benutzer in diesem Thema

• MOTORRADonline.de

• motogp.com

• WORLDSBK.COM

221_p12_laverty_box.jpgEugene Laverty had a remarkable rookie season in WSB racing, making the transition from a Honda Supersport machine to a Yamaha World Superbike Team R1 not just quickly, but with a degree of consistency in performance level that put him equal third on points with none other than Max Biaggi (Aprilia Alitalia), only to be classified fourth thanks to a count back of second place finishes. Laverty scored two wins in his rookie season and his abilities - both actual and potential - have seen him snapped up to be Biaggi's team- mate next year on an official factory Aprilia.

WorldSBK.com caught up with him at his home in Toomebridge, Northern Ireland, to find out how he felt his rookie season had unfolded.

How did it all go compared to how you thought it would go in 2011?

"Difficult one to say, I suppose. I didn't expect to be where I finished in the championship, but that came out of consistency. I expected some good results like I had at Monza and Silverstone and hoped to get another win or two before the end of the season, but that did not pan out. But my championship position was higher than I expected in my rookie year, so to be as consistent as that was a big surprise."

Most Supersport guys do not make an immediate top-level transition into Superbike, but this year you went there in one of the top teams and right away it seemed to be the big three and yourself at the top. You made it look as if you have been riding Superbike all your life, so how much different was it to ride?

"It was very different, but I am fortunate to have ridden a lot of different bikes in my career... so I have always had to adjust to new things. I have always known that the Superbike style would suit me better, mainly for corner exits, because I prefer to get the bike upright and onto the fat part of the tyre. I have always preferred to do that, whereas some guys in Supersport like to be on the side of the tyres. In that respect I knew the Superbike would suit me but to be so quick as I was the very first day out on a Superbike was a surprise."

Why do you think some of your other rivals could not quite match your speed and consistency?

"The other two guys that I expected around me were Johnny Rea and Leon Haslam, but Johnny got injured, which took him out. For Leon, the BMW seemed to have a bit of an up and down year for them. They started strongly then they had their problems. I said at the start of the season I wanted to be competitive in the top six, so I was thinking if I could finish in there it would be the top three guys then Jonathan and Leon. I finished ahead of two of them, and Leon fought for the championship last year."

What about the Yamaha superbike, how much could you play with it because of the engine style and how much was dictated to you by the engine style?

"The electronics were very sophisticated on the R1 this year, so we could play a lot with it. I had a very clever electronics guy in Michele. In that respect I learned a lot about what we could do to the bike. With it being such a unique bike, at some circuits there was very little you could do because it just did not suit the track."

Riding with Marco Melandri, given his reputation and his experience as a GP race winner, did not seem to faze you too much. Did you purposely set out to think like that this season?

"It was something I had to consider last winter. I had to think to myself that I never had a fast team-mate before who was capable of beating me all through my career, so I wasn't sure how I would react. I was happy then that it wasn't a worry to me to see him beating me. It did not bother me in that way. It's an ego thing maybe, some guys if their ego is huge cannot accept that somebody is beating them on the same equipment, but I said to myself ‘I was still learning here,' and if I got fazed by that it would only end up in the gravel trap. So I decided to carry on and do my own thing."

View the full article

canepa_misano_winter_test_1.jpgThe newly-announced Ducati Roma team started its preparations for the 2012 Superbike World Championship with three days of testing at the Misano circuit from 29-31 October, with Niccolò Canepa doing the riding duties. The weather conditions were cold but this did not prevent the team run by Andrea Petricca from getting through its testing schedule.

Canepa lapped constantly in around 1 minute 37 seconds, familiarizing himself with the riding position, the ride-by-wire and engine mapping electronics package, as well as working on suspension and brakes. At the end of the test Canepa also did a long-run, getting under the 1'37" mark, a good performance seeing as the young Italian had not ridden a Superbike machine since 2008.

Andrea Petricca declared: "I'm very happy with these three days of testing. The weather didn't help much but luckily the track remained dry and this allowed us to test everything we had planned. The team did a great job and in just a short time managed to adapt itself to the new bike and the new material. Our new electronics technician slotted in well with the rest of the team and Niccolò did everything expected of him, confirming himself to be a young but already experienced rider".

Niccolò Canepa added: "I am satisfied and pleased with what we did in the three days. The electronics package was not new to me because I had already used ride-by-wire on the Ducati Superbike in 2008, and the following year in MotoGP. We clearly have a lot of work to do, but I honestly think we couldn't have begun our preparations for next season in a better way. There's a lot of room for improvement and I hope to be able to do a lot more mileage on the 1198 to arrive at the first rounds of next season in an ideal condition to do well. The atmosphere in the team is excellent and for me this is important to allow me to express myself to the full."

View the full article

126_r12_lombardi_action.jpgAfter two years taking part in the European Superstock 600 Championship, the Martini Corse team are now aiming to make a big step forward and take part in the 2012 Supersport World Championship. With this aim in mind the team based in Rome, Italy carried out a massive five days of testing recently at the Mugello circuit. The rider selected for the test with a Supersport-spec Yamaha YZF-R6 machine was the young Italian Dino Lombardi, who took part in this year's STK600 championship and who won the Italian series as well.

"To tell the truth" commented Lombardi, "I thought I'd have a few extra problems getting used to the electronics on the bike. Years of experience in 125 GP were a great help in that sense and after just a few laps I soon found a good feeling."

A best lap of 1'55.9 from Lombardi at the end of five days of testing is a good sign in view of the next scheduled test session at Vallelunga on 26 November.

"We went really well and I'm sure that both me and the team will make further progress at Vallelunga."

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

Malaguti.jpg.1306942.jpg   Italienische Motorradindustrie
Aus für Malaguti
Die Suche des italienischen Rollerbauers Malaguti nach einem Investor (MOTORRAD berichtete) blieb erfolglos. Deshalb hat der Traditionsbetrieb aus der Nähe von Bologna jetzt endgültig geschlossen, die Ersatzteilversorgung für die nächsten Jahre ist jedoch gesichert. ... > weiter

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

oelfleck.1307030.jpg.1307035.jpg   Parallelen zum Attentat?
Noch ein großer Ölfleck
+++ Kurzmeldung +++ Als eine Öllache auf einer Kreisstraße im Landkreis Augsburg entdeckt wurde, schrillten die Alarmglocken. Doch die Polizei fand keine Übereinstimmungen zum Ölfleck-Attentat im Allgäu, bei dem im April 2011 ein Motorradfahrer starb. ... > weiter

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

Motorrad-Fahren-in-der-Gruppe-Abstand-ha   So geht's: Besser fahren in der Gruppe
Motorrad fahren in der Gruppe
Gesellig und sicher, dabei dynamisch, aber entspannt soll die gemeinsame Ausfahrt mit dem Motorrad werden. Damit das klappt, müssen alle mithelfen. Die Redaktion erklärt, wie Sie richtig in der Gruppe fahren. ... > weiter

View the full article

115_r04_giugliano_podium.jpgThe Superstock 1000 FIM Cup took another twist upwards in its evolution in 2011. After the near complete domination shown by Ayrton Badovini and his BMW Motorrad Italia S1000R last year, Davide Giugliano proved to be the pre-eminent rider of 2011 and the Ducati 1098R the bike which took most wins - eight from ten rounds.

The season got underway at Assen, not the first European round at Donington, where the finishing order of Davide Giugliano (Althea Racing Ducati), Danilo Petrucci (Barni Racing Team Ducati) and Sylvain Barrier (BMW Motorrad Italia Superstock) was an indication of three of the riders who would finish inside the top four by season end.

The fourth rider to show top-level form was Barrier's team-mate, Lorenzo Zanetti, who pitched in with the race win at the ultra-fast Monza, in a red -flagged and restarted race. With Giugliano second in that outing, he was already beginning to make a points lead for himself. Subsequent wins for him at Misano and Aragon just underlined his class and the front running ability of his machine.

At Brno, one round later, Barrier stuck in a win but with Petrucci no-scoring, the net result was an even greater advantage for Giugliano. Nothing in racing is certain for too long, however, and at the very next round it was Giugliano who was out, at Silverstone, opening the door of opportunity to Petrucci, who ran through it at full pace, taking maximum points. ‘Normal' service was resumed in Germany when Giugliano took his fourth and last win of the year, but in terms of victories it was Petrucci all the way for the rest of the year, taking his personal total to four for the season.

In the final analysis, he ended up only two points from Giugliano, 171 to 169 for the Roman rider over his Italian countryman, but only because Giugliano had been given the call-up to ride in the Superbike class at the final round in Portugal, and was unable to add to his final tally.

Zanetti ended the season third in the points on 148, Barrier fourth on 132. Fifth placed Niccolo Canepa (Lazio MotorSport Ducati) took three podiums in a row at one stage, helping him to total of 109 points.

The expected push of the new Kawasaki Ninja came late, with Sheridan Morais (Lorenzini by Leoni Kawasaki) going third in Portugal, but taking an important step for the Japanese manufacturer because this was the only podium scored by a non-European based manufacturer all year. In all seven riders scored podiums, including Michele Magnoni (Baru BMW) with his third at Monza.

A rich year for Superstock racing, a very different one from 2010, and with the expectation that next year there will be even more openness and a wider range of competitors, in terms of both men and machines.

View the full article

eicma_new_logo.jpgEICMA (the International Motorcycle Exhibition) came to the Imola World Superbike round in September to present its 2011 edition, underlining the presence of the Superbike World Championship as one of the highlights of this year's bike show.

Next week, EICMA's Pavilion 18 Stand G82 will house the impressive SBK Paddock Show, with its 500 square metres of entertainment, gadgets and grid-girls. The SBK area will be officially opened at 1200 on media day - Wednesday 9 November - by Paolo Flammini, CEO of Infront Motor Sports with a press conference. A look back at 2011 and looking forward to 2012 is the theme of conference, with mention made of the latest regulation changes for the category, the arrival of World Superbike in Moscow next year and the presentation of the new Championship identity, as well as the 25th anniversary of World Superbike, which will be celebrated next year.

The rest of the week will see a succession of events involving the protagonists of this year's Superbike, Supersport and Superstock championships, with autograph sessions and talk-shows on the SBK Paddock Show stage. Newly-crowned WSB champion Carlos Checa will be present, together with Marco Melandri, Max Biaggi, Jonathan Rea, Leon Haslam, Michel Fabrizio and Ayrton Badovini. Champion Chaz Davies represents World Supersport, together with his team-mate Luca Scassa, with other appearances scheduled from the two-times SBK champion Troy Corser, Sylvain Barrier, Lorenzo Zanetti, Jakub Smrz, Sylvain Guintoli, Ruben Xaus and Superstock 1000 Cup winner Davide Giugliano.

The Paddock Show will also contain the usual display of current World Superbike machines, accompanied by SBK video game consoles and a big-screen projecting videos of the best action of the 2011 championship and past races, as well as a stand where visitors can purchase official SBK merchandise.

EICMA opens to the public from Thursday 10 to Sunday 13 November.

View the full article

Casey Stoner eroberte in den Schlussminuten des dritten Trainings der MotoGP-Klasse die Spitze und lag dabei eine halbe Sekunde vor Teamkollege Pedrosa. De Puniet kam auf Rang drei bevor es am Nachmittag in die Qualifikation zum Gran Premio Gernerali de la Comunitat Valenciana geht.

Lesen Sie den vollen Bericht

• Neu erstellen...