Zum Inhalt springen

MOTORRADonline.de - bis 10.02.2013

MOTORRADonline.de

Empfohlene Beiträge

sbk_russianround_presentazione_moscow_news.jpgThe Russian Round of the FIM Superbike World Championship, to be held next year on August 26th at Moscow Raceway and which marks the first time ever a world-scale motorsports event takes place in Russia, was successfully launched Friday in one of Moscow's top hotels.

Alexander Yakhnich, CEO of YMS Promotion, the company that has signed a ten-year agreement with Infront Motor Sports to organize and host the SBK Russian Round, illustrated the event to the assembled national and international media in a morning press conference. He welcomed the arrival of the championship into this totally new market and declared that everything was being done to ensure the success of this pioneering event.

Alexander Yakhnich is a Russian entrepreneur from the financial sector who moved into the sport following the interest of his wife Nadia, an enthusiast bike racer. Paolo Flammini, CEO of Infront Motor Sports, added: "It's a very special day for us to be here in Moscow. This adventure started not so long ago when we met Alexander, and heard about his exciting project to develop the motorcycle racing culture in Russia. Now after less than one year since our first meeting, we are ready to present our 2012 event. It's a great achievement for us and it comes together with other special events. Next year in fact World Superbike will be 25 years old, and will feature a brand new corporate image, which has been introduced over the past few weeks, that will also inspire the championship for the coming future."

Paolo Ciabatti, SBK General Manager, spoke about the development of the Moscow Raceway circuit, which is located on the outskirts of Moscow, about 70 kms away from the centre. "Yesterday we visited the circuit with Jorge Viegas, the Deputy President of the FIM. Although it was mainly under snow, the first layer of asphalt has been laid and work on the infrastructure is well advanced and continuing. We were very pleased to see the development and we are sure that our riders and teams will like the facility and enjoy its very technical layout."

Regarding the 2012 World Superbike line-up, Ciabatti added: "Despite the difficult economic situation in Europe, for next year we have a provisional grid of 22 permanent riders, two more than in 2011 - that includes 7 Ducatis, 4 BMWs, 4 Kawasakis, 3 Aprilias, 2 Hondas and 2 Suzukis."

Hermann Tilke, the renowned circuit designer, was also in Moscow to speak with media about one of his latest creations. "The circuit has been designed both for bikes and cars. For spectators it will be a great viewing track and for the riders it will be really exciting. It's approximately 4 kms in length (3.920 kms for the WSBK round), with a 879 metre straight and an elevation change of 20 metres" said the German who has been the architect of many of the world's most modern circuits in the last ten years.

Carlos Checa and Chaz Davies, this year's World Superbike and World Supersport champions, were also present at the press conference as testimonials for the Russian event.

The press conference was also the opportunity to present Russian rider Vladimir Leonov, who will take part in the 2012 FIM Supersport World Champonship on a Yamaha R6 prepared and managed by Yakhnich Motosport.

View the full article

• Antworten 2,5Tsd
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

Top-Benutzer in diesem Thema

• MOTORRADonline.de

• motogp.com

• WORLDSBK.COM

MOTORRADonline.de

Benelli_BX250-Motard.jpg.1323296.jpg   Neuheiten 2012: Benelli BX 250 Motard
Neue Ausrichtung: "Benelli for the World"
Mit einem neuen Weg will es der kleine Hersteller Benelli aus Pesaro versuchen. Die Marke, seit 2005 im Besitz der chinesischen Gruppe Quianjiang (QJ) zeigte in Mailand eine 250er Motard mit wassergekühlten Einzylinder. ... > weiter

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

Motorradwelt-Bodensee.jpg.1075010.jpg   Motorradwelt Bodensee 2012
Motorrad-Neuheiten 2012 zum Anfassen
Auf der Motorradwelt Bodensee 2012 in Friedrichshafen dreht sich vom 27. bis 29. Januar 2012 alles um Motorräder, Roller, Quads und Trikes. Mehr als 200 Aussteller präsentieren die neuesten Modelle und machen den Spaß am Motorrad in diversen Testparcours erfahrbar. ... > weiter

View the full article

127_r03_baz_grid.jpgAfter a particularly difficult season in which he switched between BSB, IDM Superbike, World Endurance and Superstock 1000 machinery, Loris Baz has decided to tackle the 2012 Superstock 1000 FIM Cup full-time with Adrien Morillas' MRS team.

For a number of years the team of the former SBK race winner from France has fielded exclusively Yamaha Motor France machines, but for the 2012 season MRS Racing (Morillas Racing School) will be changing manufacturers to become the official Kawasaki team in the Superstock 1000 FIM Cup.

Baz will race a new Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R, the Frenchman therefore returning to the same team with which he raced for three years, winning the 2008 European Superstock 600 trophy and then in Superstock 1000 in 2009 and 2010. The Frenchman has already raced a ZX-10R in the single-event European Championship race at Albacete, in which he finished second on a Palmeto Racing Kawasaki.

Baz declared: "I managed to make a good deal with Adrien and Kawasaki. Coming back to Superstock was not exactly the first thing that came to mind, but now I'm here things look good and I'm sure they will go better than in 2009 and 2010. On my side I think I'll have every chance of winning, so it should be a good year. I went to race in the UK for two reasons: to stay with Yamaha, but not in Superstock, and learn the electronics. But now the importance of electronics will be reduced and Yamaha has stopped its Superbike programme entirely. A return to Stock is not so bad because I'll be on a good bike and I reckon I can win some races. My aim is to move up to World Superbike in 2013."

As well as Superstock 1000, MRS Racing will also be present in European Superstock 600 with a Kawasaki, again in the hands of the youngster from Luxembourg, Christophe Ponsson.

View the full article

211_p07_haslam_box.jpgLeon Haslam's positive form for BMW Motorrad Motorsport continued on the second day of testing at Portimao as the British rider went quickest with a time of 1 minute 43.2 seconds. Haslam was a fraction ahead of Eugene Laverty, the Irishman rapidly getting to grips with his Aprilia Alitalia machine. Laverty did have one moment however, when he had a big highside half-way through the day, due to a distraction with another rider, but he got up unharmed.

Ayrton Badovini was next up in third for BMW Motorrad Italia SBK, with Max Biaggi (Aprilia Alitalia) in fourth just four-tenths off the leading pace.

Chaz Davies (ParkinGO Aprilia) is also slotting in well on his second outing with the Italian four-cylinder machine, while Marco Melandri (BMW Motorrad Motorsport) focussed more on set-up work than going for a quick time. Michel Fabrizio (BMW Motorrad Italia SBK) did the same, while Leon Camier's are rapidly tumbling as he cuts the gap to the top men on his Crescent Suzuki.

Tomorrow is the third and final day of testing at the Algarve circuit.

Unofficial day 2 times: 1. Haslam (BMW) 1'43"2; 2. Laverty (Aprilia) 1'43"3; 3. Badovini (BMW) 1'43"4; 4. Biaggi (Aprilia) 1'43"6; 5. Davies (Aprilia) 1'44"2; 6. Melandri (BMW) 1'44"3; 7. Camier (Suzuki) 1'44"7; 8. Fabrizio (BMW) 1'44"9; 9. Seeley (Suzuki) 1'46"1.

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

Vienna-Harley-Days-2011_020.jpg.1225593.   Harley-Fans können das nächste Jahr planen
Übersicht: Harley-Davidson-Termine 2012
Das Lebensgefühl Harley-Davidson vermittelt der Motorradbauer aus den USA in unserer Region mit alljährlichen Events, die zu wahren Besuchermagneten heran gewachsen sind. Die Termine für die wichtigsten Events im Harley-Davidson-Kalender stehen nun fest. ... > weiter

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

Optimierte-Supersportler.jpg.1273702.jpg   Test: Tuning-Tausender 2011
Neuer, Getunter Supersportler zum Preis eines Serien-Motorrads
Eine neue, getunte Tausender zum Preis eines Serien-Motorrads. Das gibt es nicht? Doch - PS zeigt den Weg zu Ihrem ganz persönlichen, getunten Supersportler ohne Mehrkosten. ... > weiter

View the full article

103_r04_mercado_grid.jpgThe Pedercini Kawasaki team has spent the last two days on track in Valencia, Spain, to continue its testing schedule started at the Motorland Aragon last week. Warm temperature and a dry track surface marked both days of testing at the Ricardo Tormo circuit. Leandro Mercado tested the Kawasaki ZX 10R Superbike while Bryan Staring rode the Superstock 1000 Kawasaki bike.

The Pedercini team is finalizing the lineup for the next Superbike season and they decided to give to Mercado the opportunity to test the Kawasaki ZX-10R Superbike version. The young Argentinean rider started to work on the Ninja Superbike in good form and made significant gains in terms of the machine's overall performance and building up confidence with his new bike. He leaves Valencia in a positive frame of mind.

Pedercini also took its Superstock rider Bryan Staring to Spain. The Australian used the time to continue to develop the Kawasaki bike he used during this year's Superstock 1000 FIM Cup. Bryan spent both days of testing working on the suspension and chassis settings of his Kawasaki ZX-10R. Further tests will probably be scheduled after the winter break to arrive in a competitive shape for the first round of the 2012 SBK Championship in Australia at the end of February.

Leandro Mercado: "These two day of testing for me were very positive and as a first test, I think it went very well. I really enjoyed riding the bike as this was my first real experience of a Superbike. My Kawasaki is powerful and fantastic to ride. Every time I entered the circuit I improved my riding style to better suit the bike. Of course we have now a lot of areas to improve with the overall bike set up and with my riding style, but I think these two days here in Valencia have taught me a lot. I enjoy working with my team and I look forward to test again next year, before the beginning of the

Championship".

Bryan Staring: "I am happy because the tests went well. We didn't have any notable problems and the test gave us a very good feeling and we know how we can improve it even more. We got some things really worked out for this test and we have improved the bike quite a bit, the whole package. I learned some more things about the Ninja ZX-10R over these days, all good things. I am also happy with the way we are working in the team."

View the full article

Randy de Puniet unterzog sich heute einer kleineren Operation vor den kommenden Tests im Januar auf der CRT Maschine des Aspar Teams. In einem Interview mit motogp.com nach dem letzten Test in Jerez, beschrieb der Franzose seine ersten Eindrücke des Bikes und seine Erwartungen für die nächste Saison.

Lesen Sie den vollen Bericht

029_t01_laverty_action.jpgEugene Laverty (Aprilia) took the top slot on the third and final day of Superbike testing at Portimao, which saw the presence of Aprilia, BMW and the new-for-2012 Crescent Suzuki.

The former Yamaha man was on terrific form, powering his RSV4 to the new unofficial lap record of the Portuguese track in 1 minute 42.7 seconds, a fraction quicker than Max Biaggi's mark of 1'42.774 set in 2010. But his Italian team leader was himself just a whisker behind, lapping in 1'42.8 by the end of the day. The third Aprilia rider present, Chaz Davies from the ParkinGO team, also went well, notching up a time of 1'43.2. All the Aprilia riders lapped exclusively on race tyres.

The BMW riders set an even quicker pace on qualifying tyres, Leon Haslam going half-a-second faster to end up with a time of 1'42.2. Marco Melandri looked good on his new BMW mount, setting a Q-time of 1'42.4, and so did Ayrton Badovini. In race set-up however the German bike is not yet at the level of the Aprilia, even though Haslam, who was quickest over the first two days, finished with a positive 1'43.1, a time that Melandri equaled towards the end.

Leon Camier made a promising start to his Crescent Suzuki campaign, the former Aprilia man clocking a time of 1'43.8. Alastair Seeley was standing in for the still recovering John Hopkins on the team's second GSX-R machine.

Tomorrow will see the start of the new winter testing ban imposed by the new regulations, which will last until January 15th. The opening round of the 2012 FIM Superbike World Championship is at Phillip Island in Australia on February 26th.

Overall unofficial times (with qualifying tyre times in brackets): 1. Laverty (Aprilia) 1'42.7; 2. Biaggi (Aprilia) 1'42.8; 3. Badovini (BMW) 1'43.1 (1'42.5); 4. Haslam (BMW) 1'43.1 (1'42.2); 5. Melandri (BMW) 1'43.1 (1'42.4); 6. Davies (Aprilia) 1'43.2; 7. Camier (Suzuki) 1'43.8; 8. Fabrizio (BMW) 1'43.9 (1'43.3); 9. Seeley (Suzuki) 1'44.1 (1'43.5).

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

yamaha_xtz1200worldcrosser_010.jpg.13247   Neuheiten 2012: Yamaha XT 1200 Z Super Tenéré World Crosser
Weltreise-Kit für Yamahas große Reise-Enduro
Nach der World-Crosser-Studie der XT 1200 Z Super Tenéré auf der Intermot 2012, zeigte Yamaha nun die Serienversion der aufgewerteten Reise-Enduro. Mit der verstärkten Variante wollen die Japaner Abenteurer und Weltreisende ins Visier nehmen. ... > weiter

View the full article

kenan_rid_com_st.jpgKenan Sofuoglu and Sheridan Morais of the Kawasaki Lorenzini by Leoni team have been getting down to work over the last week with a double session of testing in Spain. On Tuesday and Wednesday the Italian squad were at the MotorLand Aragon circuit for the two-times WSS champion's baptism with the team.

Unfortunately weather conditions meant the team were unable to complete the work load but Kenan was able to show his potential in the only dry window during the two days. Morais was also able to accumulate some more experience in view of a 2012 championship that promises to be a tough one.

A brief stop to load up the bikes and then it was on the way to Valencia, a track that gave both riders the chance to complete more than 280 laps in dry weather and track conditions. Lap times were good, leaving the team confident about the progress made.

"It was important for me and the team to test and get the set-up work under way," said Vanni Lorenzini. "Unfortunately at Aragon we were unlucky with the weather and some minor crashes ruined the programme. At Valencia on the other hand we were able to try the settings and the electronics, as well as optimizing the rest of the bike. Kenan proved to be the great champion that he is by immediately lapping well. Sheridan, who is still lacking a bit of experience, made the most of the time available, ending the test just a few tenths away from his team-mate. We've now got a month and a half's break, which we will use to prepare the bikes in the best possible way. We should be back testing in January at Almeria on the 19th and 20th."

View the full article

p90085494.jpgAfter a season marked by a number of problems, Leon Haslam will now surely be entering the six-week obligatory testing break with a smile on his face, after he and his BMW Motorrad Motosport team concluded a successful three-day test at the AIA Algarve circuit in Portugal. The British rider was finally able to try out a 2012-spec version of his S1000RR, with a series of changes running throughout the bike.

"I am very happy. It was very good to come back to Portimão and set constantly quick lap times on this track, on which we were not so competitive last season," said BMW Motorrad factory rider Leon Haslam. "This shows that we have taken a really good step forward, particularly in regard to the engine characteristic and the electronics. We also found very good settings with the new chassis. The team will now use the coming two months to prepare everything for Australia."

The new engine spec, the modified BMW electronics, new swingarm and changes in the aerodynamics, weight distribution and ergonomics allowed the Derby man to lap at a positive pace throughout the test. Haslam was quickest in the first two days, setting a best time of 1'43.1 on race tyres and 1'42.2 on qualifying tyres.

"If we continue in this direction, everything is looking good for Phillip Island. I will now return to England and have an intensive fitness programme with my trainer lined up for December and January. And I am really excited about the birth of our first child very soon."

View the full article

camier_necxsito.jpgUK-based Crescent Suzuki has completed its first ever test alongside its SBK peers, with recently signed British rider Leon Camier at Portimão on a positive note, despite some teething troubles in the early stages. The three-day test, held under sunny conditions at the 4.445km Algarve circuit, saw Camier experiencing very unusual front brake issues on the first day. However, thanks to hard work by the team and Brembo supplying the latest 2012 calipers, the problem was resolved and Camier was able to concentrate his efforts on the chassis set-up as well as the new Yoshimura engine and MoTec ECU firmware.

The final day threw some further challenges at Camier's side of the garage, but both rider and team steadily improved to post a best lap time of 1'43.7 seconds on race tyres, just one second off Eugene Laverty's best of test. Due to a setting sun and dwindling track temperatures, Camier was not able to post a faster lap-time on soft tyres.

Said Camier, "Unfortunately we had a few issues throughout the test, which can easily happen with new parts and systems, but I must say I really like the initial feel of the bike. The first day was pretty much lost due to the front brake problem and we had some issues with the new electronics - so there is still a lot to try out still with the chassis to find the exactly right set-up for me. At least we now know what needs to be done and we can head in the right direction at the next test, where I hope to get a lot more time out on track to find my ideal setting and post some faster lap times."

View the full article

w825h549_000000b637d6b008.jpgAfter two winter test sessions in Spain, at Aragon and more recently Valencia, Kawasaki Racing Team rider Tom Sykes enters the enforced winter break in good spirits after posting strong performances. A three-day Valencia test finished on Wednesday, just before the new testing ban kicks in for all WSBK teams. Using race tyres, Sykes set a best lap of 1'33.1s, which is a tenth or so faster than the best Superpole lap ever recorded at the former WSBK venue.

There were many developments to the race-winning Ninja ZX-10R to test, including suspension, linkages, electronics, chassis geometry and the latest ride-by-wire system. With more direct control of the entire KRT Superbike World Championship project now more evident, there were several Japanese engineers in the pit garages as all the team-members refined their working methods and strategies.

Tom Sykes: "The tests went well and we ended up doing a 1'33.1 lap time on a race tyre. We have worked through a lot of different things, we are working well in the garage and I am relaxed. It is no secret that when I'm relaxed I work my best. We have had some good weather - consistent weather - in Valencia and that made it better to work through all we needed to do. We have a new electronics package and found a better overall machine balance for me. We also went well at Aragon even though we only really had half a good day there, because of weather and some car tyre rubber laid on the track surface. Once the conditions improved it took us only four outings of four laps each to beat the kind of lap times I set at the race last summer. Right now we are on a package that we have not changed so much between the two tests. We have a fairly good base setting that works for race distance and, when we put new tyres in, for a fast lap time as well. I think we have come a long way even since the post-season Portimao test. The bike tells me what it is doing quite a lot better than before, and the improved feedback tells me when I am arriving at the limit."

After the test ban is lifted in mid January the team will take to the track once more in Spain, at Almeria, to make further steps down the road toward the start of the new WSBK season.

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

michael-rohrer-nachruf.jpg.1325300.jpg   Nachruf
Trauer um Michael Rohrer
Tief bestürzt haben wir vom plötzlichen Tod unseres Kollegen Michael Rohrer erfahren, und wir finden keine Worte, seinen Angehörigen unser Mitgefühl auszudrücken. Sein Temperament und seine Hilfsbereitschaft werden uns fehlen, aber auch sein scharfer Intellekt und das schier unerschöpfliche Wissen über den Motorrad-Rennsport, das er in seiner langjährigen Laufbahn als Sportreporter auf den Rennplätzen der Welt gesammelt hat. "Rohrers Welt" ist seit dem 1. Dezember eine andere. Die MOTORRAD-Redaktion ... > weiter

View the full article

rivamoto-sito.jpgHot on the heels of the presentation of the SBK Russian Round last week in Moscow, comes the presentation of another Russian team to take part in the 2012 FIM Supersport World Championship - RivaMoto - during the prestigious Moscow Fashion Week held at Gostiny Dvor in Red Square. Visitors were able to view the new team colours and race bike on show at the unique venue. The design for the RivaMoto team clothing has been created by the famous Russian designer, Natalia Kolykhalova.

At the spectacular location guests were able to witness glamorous evening gowns alongside the teams race wear on the runway. The sophisticated atmosphere of Moscow Fashion Week was filled with the sound of motorcycles, and racing fans could have their photograph taken against the backdrop of RivaMoto's bike and watch a video about their participation in the FIM World Supersport Championship in 2011.

Plans for the next season, RivaMoto's second in World Supersport, were announced by Jeremy McWilliams, a special guest of the Moscow Fashion Week and personal trainer for the Riva Moto riders, Eduard Blokhin and Oleg Pozdneev. Russia is a fast growing market for motorcycles and road-racing activity, with media including national TV channels showing their interest in RivaMoto's unusual presentation (see video).

With the announcement of the first FIM Superbike World Championship round which will take place at Moscow Raceway on August 26th, 2012, this will surely help to attract new fans of motorsport in Russia. The RivaMoto Team are proud to make a major contribution to road-racing awareness in Russia and are looking forward to competing at their home round at the Moscow event.

View the full article

• Neu erstellen...