Empfohlene Beiträge

• Antworten 2,5Tsd
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

Top-Benutzer in diesem Thema

• MOTORRADonline.de

• motogp.com

• WORLDSBK.COM

nec_2.jpgThe annual British motorcycle show, now called Motorcycle Live, is taking place at the NEC in Birmingham currently and many of the British-based stars of the WSBK paddock are in attendance to meet their home-based fans.

Among others, James Toseland, Tom Sykes, Leon Haslam, Leon Camier, Chaz Davies, Jonathan Rea, Gino Rea, Sylvain Guintoli, Sam and Alex Lowes, Troy Corser and Eugene Laverty either have made or will make special appearances. As well as the current generation of stars, Neil Hodgson, Carl Fogarty, Chris Walker and Simon Crafar are also joining in the fun at this popular showcase of the British motorcycle industry.

Jonathan Rea: "I always like visiting Motorcycle Live, but this year it seems to be bigger and better than ever. They've got some fantastic features - especially the freestyle motocross show, which is included in the entry price. It's good to catch up with my SBK track rivals in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere and I love spending some time with fans and signing autographs without having to dash off to the next practice session or whatever at the track."

Some of the WSBK and WSS stars have even taken part in ‘A Question Of Bikes', which is loosely based on a popular British TV sports quiz, with riders split into teams to answer questions about racing, with Steve Parrish and James Whitham hosting the show. British WSS star Sam Lowes took part in the quiz, and loved every minute. "My team had a draw with the other team, and it is just like the TV show, with buzzers and picture boards and all that. I did it last year and would do it again. I am going back on Friday this week so I will do it again. I have never been on a losing team, but I have only played it three times, so that is probably why!"

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

Kawasaki_Z_900_Z_1000.jpg.1336688.jpg   Vergleichstest: Kawasaki Z 900 gegen Z 1000
Marken, Mythen und Motoren
Die Kawasaki Z 900 Super Four war das Über-Motorrad der frühen 70er-Jahre. Bärenstarker Motor, wackliges Fahrwerk. MOTORRAD-Urgestein Franz Josef Schermer erinnert sich beim Treffen mit der aktuellen Z 1000 an sie. … ... > weiter

View the full article

083_eicma_2011.jpgFor 25-year-old Eugene Laverty 2011 was a season of discovery and one in which he made such a strong impact in WSBK as a rookie moving up from WSS racing that he almost finished third overall, winning two races along the way.

For 2012 he will embark on a whole new adventure, as team-mate to Max Biaggi in the official Aprilia entry. We caught up with him to speak of 2011 and his plans for 2012.

You were very fast, under the lap record, when you first tested the Aprilia in Portimão. How does it feel?

I didn't spend too much time on the bike, from nine o'clock to three o'clock on the Tuesday after the race. I was able to go very fast, very quickly, a little bit like I did last year on the Yamaha. I went fast on the Yamaha the first time I rode it as well, but this time I was under the lap record.

What do you expect from the next test?

In the Portimao test at the end of November I'm going to work with the mechanics that I planned to work with for next year. The first test was just with some of the Aprilia guys. I look forward to get a little bit of work done and get a better understanding of the bike; we were already fast in Portimao so I'm looking forward to it.

What was the biggest challenge you got racing a 1000cc bike in 2011?

Mainly I had to learn the chassis a lot, because there are so many things you can change. In the middle of the season we had some problems with wheelies. In the end it was a chassis problem. I had never encountered this problem before; normally I raced a bike with 140bhp the bike doesn't want to wheelie everywhere so that was a new learning curve for me.

You finished fourth (almost third) in the championship and you showed you could be very consistent. Is that the way you feel about it too?

The important thing for me was to be consistent, I didn't want to come in as a rookie, win one race and finish second and then finish seventh. I wanted to learn. I was not in a rush as I knew it was going to be a learning year. In the end I did a good job I think next year I can step it up.

View the full article

143_r07_lowes_podium.jpgContrary to some viewpoints, Sam Lowes (Parkalgar Honda) was not an absolute Supersport World Championship class rookie in 2011, having had previous experience in one-off or short term rides in the WSS class in the past. But 2011 was indeed his debut as a full-time runner in the awesomely competitive middleweight arena.

For Lowes, already a British Supersport Champion, 2011 delivered him six podiums, a pole position and two fastest laps. Not bad for a 21-year-old rider who had to miss a race through injury and posted three no scores in total on his way to sixth overall.

We caught up with Lowes after he had had time to think about how his 2011 season had gone, and about his hopes for his second season of WSS racing under the PTR umbrella.

Q: Overall, what were your feelings about 2011?

A: I am happy with some of my results and I am happy with the speed we showed, but obviously as a racer you want to do better and always want to win. To be fair I knew that that would be difficult from the start. The main thing I questioned this year was how consistent I could be, and I learned lots of things against a stiff level of competition. I am happy with the way that I showed myself and I am happy that we were competitive in the majority of races, because we were usually there or thereabouts. The only disappointment is in making a few little mistakes I should not have made. I think it bodes well for next year and I want to take in everything I learned this year and hit the ground running in 2012. I needed this year, so I am happy with what I have learned.

Q: And what is the plan for 2012?

A: I have agreed to ride with PTR again, and we are just waiting to finalise a few things. I am looking forward to it. Next year I cannot say I am learning this and learning that, and I don't want to - next year I want to win. The team have been front-runners in WSS for a few years now and they deserve to win. I am putting everything into it. I have a new trainer and so my brother Alex, Leon Haslam and I all train together now. Now I am just looking forward to January and the start of testing.

Q: How much help did Leon Haslam give you in 2011? He was frequently helping you after practice sessions, yes?

A: Massive. We are good mates anyway and spend lot of time together, but I have a lot of respect for Leon and Ron, what they have achieved in racing and their knowledge about bikes. Leon puts in 110% on track and I like that. I have learned so much from him. He may only be 28 but he has so much experience and he has ridden in every class imaginable. He has been a big help and I am very grateful for that.

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

Vectrix-Vertriebsleiter-Paul-Schuster-un   Interview mit den Vectrix-Spezialisten Paul Schuster und Sven Wedemeyer
Vectrix knackt Schallmauer von 100 Kilometer Reichweite
Der neue Vectrix VX-1 Li+ hat als erstes E-Bike die Schallmauer von 100 Kilometern Reichweite geknackt. MOTORRAD traf die Vectrix-Vertriebsleute Paul Schuster und Sven Wedemeyer. ... > weiter

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

Macho-bikes.jpg.1321052.jpg   Vergleichstest: Macho-Bikes
Ducati Diavel, Yamaha Vmax und CR&S DUU im Test
Es gibt Motorräder, die sind das exakte Gegenteil von langweilig, etwa die Ducati Diavel oder auch Yamahas Vmax. Mit der DUU von CR&S aus Italien ist ein weiteres hinzugekommen. Welche zerstreut Langeweile am effektivsten? ... > weiter

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

BMW-S-1000-RR.1321039.jpg.1321044.jpg   Doppel-Top-Test: BMW S 1000 RR
Die Supersportler von BMW im Vergleichstest
Vor zwei Jahren revolutionierte BMW die Supersportwelt mit 200 PS und einer ausgefeilten Traktionskontrolle. Jetzt folgt mit der neuen S 1000 RR der zweite Streich: viel Arbeit im Detail - und das erste Superbike mit Heizgriffen. ... > weiter

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

GPS_Alarmanlagen.jpg.1321116.jpg   Produkttest: GPS-Alarmanlagen fürs Motorrad
Satellitengesteuerte Fahrzeugüberwachung
Schrille Alarmanlagen? Stört keine Sau. Bügelschloss? Hat der Dieb schneller ohne als der Besitzer mit Schlüssel geöffnet. Neuester Clou: satellitengesteuerte Fahrzeugüberwachung. ... > weiter

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

BMW_S1000RR_RennsportABS.jpg.1321068.jpg   Motorrad-ABS im Rennsport
Richtig verzögern unter Rennbedingungen
Mit viel Vertrauen spät und knallhart in die erste Kurve bremsen, den Vorsprung mitnehmen und abhauen, das alles bei Regen: Auch im Motorrad-Sport spielt ABS inzwischen eine Rolle. Entwickelt werden die Race-ABS-Prototypen von BMW und Honda in der IDM. ... > weiter

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

Triumph_Tiger800XC.jpg.1321060.jpg   Dauertest-Zwischenbilanz: Triumph Tiger 800
Triumphs Mittelklasse-Enduro im Dauertest
Mit dem Sieg im Vergleichstest der Mittelklasse-Reiseenduros feierte die Tiger 800 XC einen spektakulären Einstand. Liegt die Technik auch nach knapp 30 000 Kilometern noch auf Schmusekurs? ... > weiter

View the full article

moscow_saint_basils.jpgRussian Round presentation, new championship identity and 25 exciting years: Infront Motor Sports, the organizers and promoters of the FIM Superbike World Championship, will be embarking on a visit to Moscow this week for the presentation of the Russian Round of the championship, which will be held on the morning of Friday 25 November. Infront Motor Sports, together with their partners YMS Promotion, are organizing the event at one of Moscow's top hotels, the Lotte Hotel, in the centre of the Russian capital.

To mark the arrival of World Superbike in Russia, the first-time ever a world-level motorsport championship comes to the country, a press conference will be held in the morning to national and international media, both from the business and sports sectors.

The event will be hosted by Alexander Yakhnich, CEO of YMS Promotion and Alexander Lunkin, President of the Russian Motorcycle Federation, while the FIM will be represented by Deputy President Jorge Viegas and CCR Director Rezso Bulcsu.

CEO Paolo Flammini and SBK General Manager Paolo Ciabatti will intervene on behalf of Infront Motor Sports, with Stephan Herth (Executive Director of Summer Sports) speaking for parent company Infront Sports & Media.

They will be joined on the stage by Carlos Checa and Chaz Davies, the 2011 champions from the two categories (World Superbike and World Supersport) that will make up the programme of next season's inaugural Russian Round.

Looking forward to 2012 will be the theme of the conference, with particular reference to the championship's arrival in Russia at Moscow Raceway on August 26, together with the 25th anniversary of World Superbike, which will also be celebrated next year with the adoption of a brand new championship logo and visual identity.

Yakhnich Motorsport will also introduce the talented young Russian rider Vladimir Leonov, who will take part with their team in the 2012 FIM Supersport World Championship.

Numerous other VIP figures from Moscow are expected to attend, including representatives from the political, business, lifestyle and sporting sectors, thus highlighting the importance the event has within Moscow society and the impact it is expected to make on the Russian sporting scene.

The official proceedings will draw to a close later in the evening with a gala dinner for all participants.

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

Fighterama-11-2011_swelte-0007.jpg.13217   10. Fighterama in Kalkar
Jubelfeier der Streetfighter-Gemeinde
Bei den Insidern bekanntlich akkurat "Rama" abgekürzt hat diese Messe der extremen Mopeds dennoch gar nichts mit einer harmlosen Frühstücks-Margarine gemein. Zum zehnten Mal fand die Fighterama am ersten November-Wochenende statt. ... > weiter

View the full article

camier_suzuki_nec_news.jpgCrescent Suzuki and its newest addition Leon Camier will head to Portugal's Algarve-based Portimão racetrack next Monday to embark on their first test leading up to the team's entry into the 2012 World Superbike Championship. This will be Camier's first outing on the Crescent Suzuki, during which he aims to familiarise himself with the bike and try out numerous chassis set-ups to establish a solid foundation to work from.

Running existing engines from Crescent as well as new performance partner Yoshimura, another aim of the three day test will be not only to test the new engines but also to fine-tune the Motec electronics package. Camier, who is very familiar with the Portimão track having completed his last race there only six weeks ago, cannot wait to get out on track with the Crescent Suzuki.

He comments: "I'm very excited to get out on the bike. There is a lot to test on the Crescent Suzuki and I'll be getting to know the team. My focus will initially not be solely on lap times; at the minute it's more about getting comfortable with the bike and having a good platform for the next test."

With Crescent Suzuki's Californian star, John Hopkins, sidelined due to the ongoing recuperation of his recently operated finger, newly crowned British Supersport Champion Alastair Seeley will be riding the other Crescent Suzuki to add valuable input. As part of the Suzuki family, Alastair is relishing the opportunity to test with the squad. He says: "I'm really excited about testing with Crescent Suzuki. It's always interesting to see how things work with another team, plus it will be great to be back on a superbike after a year in a different class."

Crescent Suzuki Team Manager Jack Valentine is also very excited about getting the team's SBK effort underway: "I'm really looking forward to getting Leon on the bike. We'll be aiming to get a good chassis set-up for him, and if he clicks with the bike early on - then we'll be looking at lap times. But my primary aim is to get Leon comfortable on the bike so he can head into the winter testing break with a good feeling. We will also be testing engines and electronic packages with the help of Alastair Seeley, who is standing in for the injured John Hopkins. Alastair proved this season in British Superbikes what a good rider he is, so we believe he'll give us some useful input towards the development of the bike. And last but not least, the team itself has had some new additions to it, making this trip somewhat of a team bonding exercise. So far the lads have gelled really well in the workshop, so I expect this will be the case in Portugal. The main thing is to come away happy, focussed, and with some positive feedback that will allow us to step up again before the next test in the new year."

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

10J-packshot-web.jpg.1321124.jpg   Neu im Shop: MotoGP-Dokumentation (DVD)
10 Jahre MotoGP - Die packensten Momente
Für die Königklasse des Motorrad-Rennsports begann im Jahr 2002 mit dem Wechsel von Zwei- zu Viertaktmotoren eine neue Ära, die vom damals frischgebackenen Weltmeister Valentino Rossi geprägt werden sollte. ... > weiter

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

Custombike-Messe_060.jpg.1102444.jpg   Custombike 2011 (2. bis 4. Dezember)
Die große Bike-Umbau-Messe
Custombike – der Name der Messe ist auch ihr Programm: Von 2. bis 4. Dezember dreht sich in vier Hallen der Messe Bad Salzuflen (bei Herford/Westfalen) alles um individuell gestylte und mittel bis schwer umgebaute Motorräder. ... > weiter

View the full article

• Neu erstellen...