• Antworten 2,5Tsd
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

Top-Benutzer in diesem Thema

• MOTORRADonline.de

• motogp.com

• WORLDSBK.COM

072_t02_laverty_action.jpg

Aprilia Racing and Kawasaki Racing both concluded their final winter test run of the year at Jerez today before the regulation six-week ban kicks in from the start of December through until mid-January.

Quickest man on a day when temperatures did not go much above 12°C was Eugene Laverty, who put in an impressive time of 1 minute 40.185 seconds, representing the new unofficial Jerez track record for the production-based bikes.

Laverty was a shade quicker than Tom Sykes, the Kawasaki rider who had set the benchmark in the first two days of the test. The Kawasaki Racing Team team did not run with transponders but the British rider was accredited with an unofficial time of 1'40.400.

Positive form was also expressed by Michel Fabrizio (Aprilia Red Devils), third quickest ahead of Frenchman Sylvain Guintoli, who today was announced as the Aprilia Racing Team's second rider alongside Laverty. Guintoli takes the place of world champion Max Biaggi, who has retired from racing.

It was the first day of work for BMW with Marco Melandri and new signing Chaz Davies as well as Ducati Alstare with former champion Carlos Checa and their new rider Ayrton Badovini. These two teams will test until Friday, sharing the track time with several MotoGP teams.

Wednesday times: 1. Laverty (Aprilia) 1'40"185 (80 laps); 2. Sykes (Kawasaki) 1'40"400 (55); 3. Fabrizio (Aprilia) 1'40"956 (60); 4. Guintoli (Aprilia) 1'41"239 (60); 5. Baz (Kawasaki) 1'41"500 (45); 6. Melandri (BMW) 1'41"800 (82); 7. Hofmann (Aprilia) 1'42"103 (33); 8. Checa (Ducati) 1'43"089 (44); 9. Davies (BMW) 1'43"400 (47); 10. Neukirchner (Ducati) 1'43"613 (48); 11. Badovini (Ducati) 1'43"613 (38).

View the full article

mathew_scholtz.jpg

Team Suzuki Suriano Racing have announced Mathew Scholtz as the first of the two riders that will complete the line up for the upcoming season. The 20 year-old South African rider, who is getting ready for his second year in the Supersport World Championship, comes over to the Italian squad from PTR Honda team after finishing the season in 16th place in the ranking and with a 7th place as his best result during the 2012 championship.

Despite his young age, Scholtz already has a successful international racing curriculum to his name. After taking his first steps in races in South Africa, he joined the Red Bull Rookie Cup and then the IDM and CEV where he took part in the 2011 season in the Moto2 championship. Suriano, who considers him to be a talented rider, has now signed him up for the future.

"I have a particular feeling with South Africa. He's the second South African rider that I have signed up", declared Suriano. "Two years ago when I returned to the world championship I proposed Ronan Quarmby who during the 2011 season made huge progress. Today, I'm really glad to announce the deal with Mathew, a talented young rider who already knows this category well and with whom I am sure we will achieve some great goals."

Mathew Scholtz declared: "During this last season in the world championship I noticed the achievements of this great team. They were looking for me even last year and now I know that this is the right team to join both to grow as a rider and to place myself among the top of the ranking. I'm sure that with the help of Ninetto Suriano this is absolutely a doable aim."

View the full article

016_t02_guintoli_box.jpg

Sylvain Guintoli has been confirmed in the Aprilia Racing Team for the 2013 Superbike World Championship. Guintoli, 30 years old from France, will be team-mate to Northern Ireland's Eugene Laverty astride an official Aprilia RSV4, the bike which, in the season which just ended, took the SBK World Manufacturers Title and accompanied Max Biaggi to victory in the Riders Championship.

Guintoli, a rider with plenty of experience who races with the number 50 on his fairing, was born in Montélimar in June 1982. He raced on an Aprilia in the 250 GP class from 2001 to 2006. He boasts two seasons in MotoGP (2007 and 2008). He made his WSBK début in the last race of the 2009 season at the Portimao circuit in Portugal. In the last three years in World Superbike he has taken a total of ten podiums with three wins and a pole position, always finishing the championship in the top ten rider standings.

Gigi Dall'Igna, technical and sporting director of Aprilia Racing had this to say: "Sylvain is a great addition to our team and we were very keen to have him. His excellent first contact with the RSV4 during the tests held at Jerez were also encouraging. He proved to be a fast and solid rider straight away. He and Laverty will make a team to be reckoned with. We're preparing for the new season now. We have the world champion bike and two capable riders who always aim for top results, so I think we'll have fun".

"I am very happy - said Sylvain Guintoli, busy with his first tests on the Aprilia at Jerez - especially because the feeling with the RSV4 has been good right from the first few metres. To be able to sit in the saddle of the world champion bike is a great opportunity for me - one of the most important in my career. I think the bike has extremely high potential, as we've seen in the past few years, and I'm confident that I'll be able to put in some excellent results with it".

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

Teaser---alles-f%C3%BCr-den-Club_.jpg.20   Video vom chinesichen Straßenkurs
Onboardvideo auf dem Straßenkurs Macau
Der Roadracer Horst Saiger riskierte für PS Kopf und Kragen. Beim Macau-GP 2012 heizte der Österreicher über den riskanten Straßenkurs in China und holte sich den fünften Platz – noch vor der Roadracer-Legende MC Guinness. Auf seiner schnellen Onbaordrunde erklärt Horst den Kurs mit all seinen kniffeligen Ecken. ... > weiter

View the full article

sbk_teamreddevils_test_jerez_news.jpg

The revamped Red Devils Roma team and its new rider Michel Fabrizio wrapped up a positive three-day test session at Jerez with an excellent time of 1 minute 40.956 seconds. Fabrizio's time left the Italian up at the top end of the timesheets behind the Aprilia of Laverty and Sykes (Kawasaki).

Fabrizio's time was even more impressive as it was set on race tyres, without him using the qualifying tyre available. The session was greeted with satisfaction by team manager Andrea Petricca, who will now decide whether or not to test at Vallelunga before leaving for the opening rounds of the season in Australia and India.

Michel Fabrizio declared: "These were three intensive and positive days of testing. We did a lot of work because we wanted to overhaul the bike and test everything there was to test in order to get to know it better and be ready for every possible situation during future race weekends. I set my quickest time without using the soft tyre, because I wanted to find a set-up that would give me good performance over race distance and not on a single lap. I'm happy and feeling confident, not only for my lap times, but above all for the work we got through here at Jerez. My feeling with the Aprilia RSV4 has improved and that's important. Now it's time for the winter break and I'll get back into training for the first rounds of next season".

View the full article

082_t02_melandri_action.jpg

Following the departure of Aprilia and Kawasaki, it was left to BMW and Ducati to continue testing for a fourth day at Jerez de la Frontera (Spain) in preparation for the 26th edition of the Superbike World Championship which gets underway on 24th February at Phillip Island (Australia).

Weather conditions were sunny but cold, with the temperatures not rising above 12°C (21°C on track).

Quickest time was set by Marco Melandri (BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet) in 1 minute 40.816 seconds on soft race tyres. Making his debut with the new team run by the Italian BMW subsidiary, Melandri is testing various suspension components in order to improve front-end confidence, which was one of the main problems that emerged during the past season. New signing Chaz Davies continued his learning curve on his second run-out with the other S1000RR after his first outing had been conditioned by bad weather.

Over in the Ducati Alstare garage, development work continued on the new Ducati 1199 Panigale machine, and Carlos Checa managed to reduce the gap separating him from the top on day 1 yesterday. The former champion lapped in 1'41"840 while new signing Ayrton Badovini, still feeling his way in after a switch from the four-cylinder BMW to twin-cylinder power, ended up with a time of 1'44"529.

German Max Neukirchner, who will take part in next year's championship with the same bike, is running with a Superstock 1000-spec machine but on slick tyres and his best time was 1'44"426. Other Ducati Superstock bikes in Spain were from the satellite Barni outfit for Niccolò Canepa (1'45"256) and 2012 runner-up Eddi La Marra (1'45"526).

Jerez testing concludes tomorrow Friday, the final day before the regulation six-week ban until mid-January, but heavy rain is expected.

Times - SBK: 1. Melandri (BMW) 1'40"816 (50 laps); 2. Checa (Ducati) 1'41"840 (58); 3. Davies (BMW) 1'42"716 (70); 4. Badovini (Ducati) 1'44"529 (64). STK: 1. Neukirchner (Ducati) 1'44"426 (56); 2. Canepa (Ducati) 1'45"256 (28); 3. La Marra (Ducati) 1'45"526 (57).

View the full article

cover.jpg

The 2012 edition of the Superbike Official Book, published by Giorgio Nada Editore, is now available.

Since World Superbike started in 1988 the yearbook has chartered the evolution and growth of the world's leading production-based motorbike racing championship and this year's edition is no exception, with words and pictures once again provided by Claudio and Fabrizio Porrozzi.

In 2012 Superbike fans around the world had much to celebrate as Max Biaggi (Aprilia Racing Team) took his second title before retiring from the sport, but there was action throughout the Supersport and Superstock categories as well and this is reflected in the pages of the book.

The Superbike Official Book has been produced for the fifth successive year by Infront Motor Sports and Giorgio Nada Editore, international leader in the publication of motoring books. The publisher can count on a widespread diffusion of the book both in Italy - through the distribution network of Giunti Editore, the Giunti al Punto bookstores and the Libreria dell'Automobile bookshop in Milan - as well as in foreign markets.

The 2012 edition, consisting of 208 pages in 24.3x27 cm format, is available in separate Italian and English versions.

The publisher's web site is: http://www.giorgionadaeditore.it

View the full article

101_t02_checa_box.jpg

Bad weather wiped out the final day of a week-long winter testing session for the top Superbike teams at Jerez de la Frontera before the regulation six-week stop. Heavy rain in the morning today forced Ducati Alstare and BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet to wait in vain for the track to dry and they then decided to shut up shop for good.

The track actually remained damp until late afternoon, which meant that BMW riders Marco Melandri and Chaz Davies stayed in the garages, while Ducati Alstare sent out Carlos Checa and Ayrton Badovini for a couple of laps before calling it a day.

"We certainly hoped to have more dry track time during winter testing" declared Melandri. "Anyhow, we can be happy as we were able to complete our planned programme on Wednesday and Thursday. I started working with the 17-inch tyres on the 2012 bike then once I was happy with the settings, we went on to test different 2013 parts. We clearly have an idea of which way to go, as we understand exactly what we need to do. I am looking forward to the winter break now, as I need some rest before I start working out in the gym again and preparing for 2013."

"I'm going on holiday in quite a relaxed mood", said Checa. "In the afternoon I did a couple of laps even though the track was still quite damp, but in any case it was a very positive test. We came to some good conclusions, and found out where the bike still needs work. This time round I managed to get my sensations across, now it's up to the engineers."

After the testing ban concludes on 15 January 2013, Ducati Alstare will be one of the first teams back on track with a session at Jerez at the end of January.

The 2013 edition of the eni FIM Superbike World Championship gets underway on 24 February 2013 at Phillip Island (Australia), while Jerez is the venue for the final round of the series on 20 October.

View the full article

Der dreitägige Offseason-Test im spanischen Jerez verlief zwar nicht ohne Hürden für das Ducati Team, dennoch lieferten die drei Tage hilfreiche Informationen vor der MotoGP-Wintertestpause, währenddessen die Ingenieure in Italien ihre Entwicklungsarbeit mit der 2013-Desmosedici fortsetzen.

Lesen Sie den vollen Bericht

MOTORRADonline.de

2012_12_01_N%C3%BCrnberg%20017_angelo_ma   Kundenpräsentation bei Moto Guzzi
Deutschlandpremiere der Moto Guzzi California 1400
Am 1. Dezember 2012 konnten die Guzzisti bei den Händlern die ersten Exemplare der Moto Guzzi California 1400 Touring in Deutschland begrüßen, aus der Nähe anschauen und Probe sitzen. ... > weiter

View the full article

pirotta2.jpg

The GO Eleven team have reached a deal to race with Australian rider Mitchell Pirotta on board a Kawasaki ZX-10R machine in the 2013 FIM Superstock 1000 Cup, to which the Italian team returns after a year's stop.

Despite his young age, Pirotta, who was born in 1988, already has an important racing background to his name. After starting off in motocross, in 2008 the Sydney-born Australian finished fourth in the Australian ASBK Superstock 600 championship. The following year he was runner-up, and won the National South West Championship. In 2010 he was first in the Australian Extreme Championship (Super Sport) and then made his debut in World Supersport in 2011 (Photo De Col).

Denis Sacchetti (Team Manager) declared: "The negotiations lasted for some time but in the desire of GO Eleven to have a rider of the calibre of Mitch prevailed and we reached an agreement. I don't know him very well but he is a really nice guy and a great sportsman. He has had very few opportunities to demonstrate his potential in Europe and I am sure that he will be one of the protagonists of the 2013 FIM Cup. We'll do our best to give him a good technical package. We opted to return to this category with a view to an eventual future in SBK, and seeing as the rules might change we'll try to be ready for this. And it's also for this reason that Mitch is very important for us."

Mitchell Pirotta said: "I'm delighted that the GO Eleven team are giving me this opportunity to return to Europe and take part in Superstock 1000. I feel on form, I've had a year to relax and focus on my private life, and now I'm serene enough to return to racing. I'm really excited about the idea of racing a Kawasaki ZX-10R and can't wait to do my first tests. A big thanks to Denis Sacchetti and team owner Gianni Ramello, as well as the whole team for believing in me. We want to do a good job, for this reason in 2013 we'll be aiming for the very top. I'd also like to thank my wife for her precious support, my family and my friends who have helped me get to where I am today".

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

maniac_motors_1024x683.jpg.2045113.jpg   Neue Halle für Benelli, Bimota, Moto Morini, MV Agusta und Vyrus
Maniac Motors ist umgezogen
Maniac Motors, der Nürnberger Kulthändler für Benelli, Bimota, Moto Morini, MV Agusta und Vyrus, sitzt jetzt in der Steinacher Straße 101, 90427 Nürnberg. ... > weiter

View the full article

fim2_site.jpg

More than five hundred guests packed into the prestigious ‘Salle des Etoiles' room of the Sporting Monte-Carlo to enjoy a very special evening that rewarded the exploits of the World's best motorcycle riders. Broadcast live on TV in several different countries a host of motorcycling legends were on hand to present the 2012 FIM World Champions with their respective awards, whilst also being honoured themselves for their achievements to two wheel sports.

On picking up his award from bike racing legend Jim Redman, six-time world champion Max Biaggi was given a much-deserved standing ovation. "For me it's a great honour to be here, even though it's for the final time in my career", he declared during the Gala Evening. "After 20 years of racing it's fantastic to receive this recognition: there couldn't be a better place to celebrate a hard-fought 2012 season. I am happy with my decision to retire, a new phase of my life together with my family is is now beginning for me".

Kenan Sofuoglu picked up his third Supersport World Championship award for his title win, this year with Kawasaki Lorenzini. In 2013 the Turkish rider will defend the number 1 plate for the new Mahi Racing Team India Kawasaki, hoping to confirm his place as the most successful Supersport rider of all time.

Speaking at this unique occasion FIM President Vito Ippolito stated: "The third FIM Gala Ceremony in Monte-Carlo was the perfect moment to congratulate and honour our 2012 Champions not only in the ‘Salle des Etoiles', but also in front of millions of TV viewers around the globe. Again I must thank the riders and teams for being here tonight. They truly understand the importance of the FIM Gala both for the FIM and for motorcycle sport as a whole."

View the full article

290_r10_giugliano_grid.jpgGenesio Bevilacqua's Althea Racing, one of the top teams in World Superbike, has chosen Aprilia as their partner for the 2013 season. The Aprilia RSV4 Factory, winner of the Rider's and Manufacturer's titles in the season which just ended as well as in 2010, will be raced in the next WSBK season races in team Althea colours by Italian Davide Giugliano.

Born in 1989, Davide Giugliano had an excellent WSBK rookie season in 2012 with one second and one third place to his name, and in 2011 he won the Superstock 1000 title with team Althea.

With the contract between Aprilia and Althea Racing, there will now be four Aprilia RSV4 bikes starting the 2013 World Superbike season. In fact, Giugliano's Aprilia will be riding alongside the two official Aprilia Racing Team RSV4s ridden by Northern Irishman Eugene Laverty and Frenchman Sylvain Guintoli, as well as the Red Devils Roma team bike ridden by Michel Fabrizio.

Gigi Dall'Igna, technical and sport director of Aprilia Racing had this to say: "We are truly pleased to announce the cooperation with Althea Racing, unquestionably one of the top teams in World SBK. This is a structure with great technical skills that has our complete confidence. With the bike provided to Althea, and after the agreement reached with the Red Devils Roma team, we now have four RSV4 bikes lined up for the next World SBK season. This is a great challenge for Aprilia Racing and, at the same time, a reason for us to be proud since even in the season which just ended the RSV4 has shown itself to be a winning project".

Genesio Bevilacqua: "I am very pleased to have reached such an important agreement with Aprilia. We will race with the championship winning bike next year and this will only encourage us to push even harder and live up to the potential of the bike that we are entrusted with. As everybody knows, Althea Racing is used to facing important challenges and counts on a structure that works in perfect harmony to achieve great goals. Our strength is our team and its components; our team members, who have worked together for many years with no secrets between them, remain the same. We believe that we have sufficient experience with which to confront the challenge of the 2013 championship. Davide Giugliano is our secret weapon. He is a young and aggressive rider who has amazing talent and together with him we will fight for success in the 2013 SBK championship standings. I would like to thank the entire Aprilia staff and particularly Engineer Dall'Igna for their willingness and professionalism."

Aprilia is the reigning brand champion in WSBK and boasts a collection of 51 world titles: 4 in Superbike, won in 2010 and 2012, 9 championships in off-road disciplines and an incredible 38 championship titles in MotoGP where it is the most victorious Italian and European brand of those active in racing.

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

390%20Duke%20action_2.jpg.2020046.jpg   Gedrosselte KTM-Varianten
Einige KTM-Modelle sind zu leicht für den Stufenführerschein
Ab 19. Januar 2013 gilt die neue Stufenführerscheinregelung: Motorrad-Einsteiger dürfen dann Fahrzeuge mit 35 kW (48 PS) fahren. Und KTM hat mit der 390 Duke ein 44 PS starkes, leichtes Motorrad neu im Programm. ... > weiter

View the full article

• Neu erstellen...