Zum Inhalt springen

MOTORRADonline.de - bis 10.02.2013

MOTORRADonline.de

Empfohlene Beiträge

logo_red_devils_roma_copia.jpgThe new World Superbike team run by Andrea Petricca is set to line up in the 2012 championship with a new name as Ducati Roma has now changed to the Red Devils Roma Team. The change was made because of the Rome manager's fondness for a name that was important at the start of his career and his debut on the bike racing scene.

"Red Devils is a name that is familiar from the start of my career," declared Petricca, "and it brings to mind riders like Aldeo Presciutti who raced and won under this name. We decided to change so as also to be able to carry the name of our city around the world in an important season that will see us take part in one of the most prestigious championships in the world."

Rider Niccolò Canepa and the Red Devils Roma team will be at Vallelunga this weekend for a final two days of testing before leaving for Australia.

View the full article

• Antworten 2,5Tsd
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

Top-Benutzer in diesem Thema

• MOTORRADonline.de

• motogp.com

• WORLDSBK.COM

110_r12_metcher_grid.jpgLast year's European Superstock 600 Champion Jed Metcher has officially put pen to paper in signing a one-year contract with the Russian RivaMoto team. The deal will see the 21 year-old Australian from Eltham, Victoria go head-to-head with some of the best riders in the upcoming World Supersport Championship. Metcher will join forces with two 38 year-old Russian riders, Oleg Pozdneev and Eduard Blokhin.

Team RivaMoto, who are currently based in Cartagena in Spain, but who will move to Bologna in Italy after round 1 at Phillip Island will have former 250/500cc racing star Jeremy McWilliams as team manager for the 2012 season.

"I am very excited about being involved with a developing team in the World Supersport championship. The idea of showing our sport on Russian soil is the underlying objective of the RivaMoto team but in the process my goal is to impress as much as possible in the Supersport class. It's an honor to work with Jeremy McWilliams and with his support I believe we have a chance to make an impact" said Metcher.

Jed Metcher's goals for the season will be a top 8 finish in the championship. In 2011 he scored 7 podiums in 10 races, two thirds, four seconds and one win at Aragon in Spain. "With the current direction of motorsport I cannot afford to have an up-and-down season" he added.

With only about 5 weeks to go before the opening round at Phillip Island, Metcher and his new RivaMoto team will have some time to iron out any bugs in the Yamaha YZF-R6 with a two day test in early February in Almeria, another two days at Jerez, then a four day test in Cartagena before the official test on the Monday and Tuesday on the week building up to the first round on Metcher's home soil.

"I have raced before in front of the big crowds at the 2008 MotoGP as a 125GP wildcard. I am looking forward to racing in World Supersport in 2012 in front of my home crowd mainly because I have the advantage of the track knowledge and it will be a great way to start off the season on a high"!

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

Motorrad-Vergleichstest-Big-Bikes-Honda-   Auf Achse: Klassische Big Bikes
Honda CB 1100 F, Kawasaki Z 1000 J, Suzuki GSX 1100 Katana
Muss man unbedingt in den Himalaya reisen und einen 8000er erklimmen, um den Gipfel der Gefühle zu erleben? Nein. In den frühen 80er Jahren genügten uns schon die japanischen 1000er oder 1100er. Und die bestieg man beim Motorradhändler um die Ecke. ... > weiter

View the full article

sofuoglu_valencia_25_gen_2012.jpgThe DeltaFin Lorenzini Kawasaki Team is currently taking part in two days of testing at the Valencia circuit in Spain, with riders Kenan Sofuoglu and Sheridan Morais both putting in as many laps as possible to get an idea of the set-up and electronics package of their official ZX-6R machines.

MoTec electronics represent the main change for the Italian team this year, after they had formerly used EFI systems. Sofuoglu and Morais did 60 laps of the track each yesterday, mainly in the warmer part of the day as temperatures overall were pretty cold. Poor track conditions following recent Formula 1 testing also made things difficult for the riders.

Unofficial times recorded by the team indicate a 1 minute 37.6 seconds for Kenan Sofuoglu, with South African Sheridan Morais clocking a best time of 1'38.1. The team has one more day of testing today, during which it will aim to improve the times as well as concentrating on long-run race simulations.

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

Kawasaki%20w%20800.1339643.jpg.1339648.j   Limitierter Retro-Klassiker
Sondermodell: Kawasaki W 800 Ltd 50
Kawasaki Deutschland legt eine Sonderserie der W 800 auf, die auf 50 Exemplare limitiert ist. Ausgestattet mit einem Einzelsitz, einer Bikini-Verkleidung und einer anderen Auspuffanlage soll die W 800 für 9995 Euro ihre Käufer finden. ... > weiter

View the full article

037_t01_melandri_action.jpgBMW Motorrad riders Marco Melandri and Leon Haslam have been continuing their preparation for the season ahead with two days of testing at Valencia in Spain. Melandri and Haslam completed a total of 950 kilometres of testing on the 2012 race version of the RR in good conditions.

The team focused on verifying the latest developments it has made in recent weeks. The bikes were equipped with the latest version of the engine, as well as updated software for the BMW electronics and the riders tried new parts on several areas of the bike.

"It was good to be back on the bike after the winter," said Melandri. "The testing of the updated electronics was very encouraging. We checked if everything is working well before we go to Australia, and the result was good. Of course we still need to improve in some areas. In entering corners, I still need some more confidence on the bike in order so I am to push properly, but we are all working very hard and I am sure that we will find a solution at the next test in Australia. Phillip Island is not an easy track, so it is important to be confident with the bike to be able to go into the corners very fast. In the next two weeks I will keep in contact with the team and we will analyse the data from the test to prepare for Australia. In addition, I will do a lot of training."

Haslam was also happy with the testing work: "It was a long winter back home and I am definitely happy to be back on the bike. We were lucky with the conditions. It was a bit cold in the morning, but we were able to get most out of the two days. We got through everything that we needed to go through, so I am very positive. These two days were important. We have a lot of new things for this year and it was good to test before we go to Phillip Island. In addition, it was good to get a few laps under our belts and get up to speed again. We definitely made big steps and are much further ahead compared to last year. It really is a stronger package and we still have five more days to test in Australia to dial it all in. Next week I will go to Germany to meet the team there. Then I will fly back home, do some PR-Events and continue my training programme, and then we will be already heading to Australia."

View the full article

102_r04_savadori_grid.jpgTeam Italia has communicated the names of its federation-supported riders for the 2012 season, youngsters who will take part in the FIM Superstock Cup and the UEM Superstock 600 Championship. The first name on the list is Lorenzo Savadori (photo), 18 years of age from Cesena, who for the second successive year will take part in Superstock 1000, this time on a brand-new Ducati 1199 Panigale machine prepared by the Barni Racing team.

The Italian had a tough debut season in Superstock 1000, the former 125cc rider having to learn everything from scratch, but the 2008 Italian and European 125 GP champion now has an extra year's experience under his belt and is looking to do well.

"A big thanks to the FMI Italian federation and Barni Racing for their opportunity they've given me. The level of the category is high but I'm aiming to improve and at the same time I can't wait to try the new bike!"

Meanwhile in European Superstock 600, Riccardo Russo has been confirmed and he will be joined by 19-year-old Luca Vitali from Rimini, the son of the four-times Italian champion Maurizio Vitali and who did four STK600 rounds as a wildcard last year (Monza, Misano, Imola and Portimão), with the Forward Racing Junior Team. Both riders will be entered by Team Trasimeno on Yamaha YZF R6 machines.

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

0366642.jpg.1333875.jpg   Reicher Rossi, armer West
MotoGP/Moto2: Einkommen der Fahrer
Der eine kann von seinen Einkünften ein überaus luxuriöses Leben führen, der andere hängt den Helm jetzt aus Geldmangel an den Nagel: Valentino Rossi und Anthony West machen recht unterschiedliche Erfahrungen mit dem Rennsport. ... > weiter

View the full article

Nach dem ersten offiziellen Testtag 2012 der MotoGP™ auf dem Sepang International Circuit lag der Yamaha Factory Racing Fahrer an der Spitze der Zeitenliste und zeigte sich zufrieden mit der 1000cc YZR-M1. Stoner musste den ersten Tag indessen auslassen, er hofft aber am zweiten wieder fit zu sein.

Lesen Sie den vollen Bericht

MOTORRADonline.de

Komplett.jpg.1095769.jpg   PS-Jahresinhalt 2000 bis 2011
Was, wann, wo?
Die letzten Jahre waren so voll mit Geschichten, dass es jeweils zwölf PS-Ausgaben vom Titel bis zur Rückseite prall füllte. Hier die Übersicht über alles, was in Wort und Bild vertreten war, zum Download. ... > weiter

View the full article

143_r07_lowes_podium.jpgEnglishman Sam Lowes had a strong full-time introduction to the FIM Supersport World Championship in 2011 and despite not quite winning a race he is thought of as a potential champion in 2012 by many observers. Lowes, now 21-years-old, scored the first of six podiums in 12 races at Phillip Island last year. In fact, he was within a whisker of winning the race overall. So the obvious questions are how has his outlook changed after his first full year and what is possible on his Bogdanka PTR Honda this season?

Said Lowes, "Last year was mega but I went into the 2011 Phillip Island race very inexperienced in World Supersport and not knowing the circuit and stuff. I was a bit surprised myself how it went but I performed 100% all out and we managed to get close to the win. I arrive in Australia this time with a year's more experience and knowing what to expect so I can go to PI a little bit calmer, working at it a little bit more. The aim after going so close last year is to go there and win, and I really think that I am capable of that. I am going to Australia a lot better prepared than I was last year; I feel that I can go there right on the pace and fight for the victory. The team and I would probably be disappointed if we do not do that. The track there just suits my style and I loved it, really enjoyed it."

It is not just how Lowes has matured that is pepping him up as the season approaches rapidly, it is how many other things have changed in his line-up of rivals. "A lot of people have switched teams or brands this year but I am on the same bike and in the same team, so if anything this year I have got the least to learn compared to some of the other guys," said Lowes. "That will put me in the driving seat a little bit more. Obviously I am looking at coming to it from that side instead of being the one who needs to learn the most. That takes the pressure off a little bit in some ways, but puts it back on a bit in other ways."

In terms of realistic prospects to be overall champion in 2012, Lowes thinks 2012 will be different from 2011 again. "Potential champions... I would say that there are a lot of good guys there, but Kenan Sofuoglu and Sheridan Morais will be very, very strong, Broc on the Ten Kate bike will be very good, I think as a package. Especially regarding race distance, he will find a lot better situation than he did last year. I expect Broc to be strong. I think the pace will be a lot stronger this year and I know I can perform to a higher level, I know that maybe Kenan will and I expect Broc to, on the bike that he is on. I think it will be close racing and better. In terms of potential champions it will maybe be a little bit less but for racing wise, and maybe even speed, I think the class as a whole will probably be faster... I fully expect it to be a very hard championship, as we know it always is in World Supersport. I am looking forward to it and you do not want it to be easy, that is why it is called a world championship!"

View the full article

• Neu erstellen...