Empfohlene Beiträge

• Antworten 2,5Tsd
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

Top-Benutzer in diesem Thema

• MOTORRADonline.de

• motogp.com

• WORLDSBK.COM

melandri8.jpgBMW Motorrad factory rider Marco Melandri still feels the need for speed on two wheels, even during the winter break from the FIM Superbike World Championship. His preparation programme for the 2012 season includes off-road training sessions on a Husqvarna TC 250. In order to be fit for his World Championship outings on the BMW S 1000 RR, Melandri can regularly be found on the Husqvarna 250cc Motocross bike.

"I ride a lot, almost every week," says Melandri. "I like riding with friends, mainly just to have fun. We find nice routes, enjoy the views and stop somewhere for lunch. I really enjoy riding the bike. I love it. It is perfect for me - it is easy to ride. I also like the fact that it does not have a kick-starter, but an electric start, as I am quite small."

Off-road tours on the Husqvarna TC 250 are more than just a pleasant leisure activity for Melandri: they also play an important role in his preparations for the Superbike World Championship. "It is the best way to train my concentration," Melandri explains. "In the gym you can chat with other people or think about other things. On a bike, however, you have to remain focussed. While the test ban is in place during the winter, riding an off-road bike is the best opportunity to practice this."

Away from off-road riding, Melandri has resumed his intensive fitness regime following a short Christmas break. "Let the season begin, I am ready," says the Italian. The first races of 2012 will be held in Phillip Island, Australia, on 26th February. Team BMW Motorrad Motorsport will also be testing at the same venue in the week running up to the season's curtain-raiser.

Husqvarna Motorcycles is a 100 per cent owned subsidiary of the BMW Group and oversees the off-road motorcycle sector within the group. In 2011, Husqvarna launched a product offensive in the on-road sector. Having won 82 World Championship titles, Husqvarna is already one of the most successful off-road motorcycle constructors in the world.

View the full article

jonathan_rea_honda.jpgHonda's new World Superbike Championship pairing of Jonathan Rea and Hiroshi Aoyama kick off their preparations for the 2012 season with a three-day test at Phillip Island in Australia starting today. The team will be running the SBK race specification 2012 CBR1000RR Fireblade for the first time since the 20th anniversary version of Honda's iconic sports machine was launched last September.

The team will start its 2012 campaign boosted by news that, following a year as title sponsor, Castrol will remain as a key secondary partner until the end of the 2013 season. The global lubricants manufacturer used Honda's World Superbike effort as part of a worldwide marketing campaign to re-launch its Power 1 brand in 2011. Its continued support of the team extends a commercial and technical partnership between Honda and Castrol which dates back to 1959, when the Japanese manufacturer first started world championship racing.

Robert Watherston, motorcycle racing manager at Honda Motor Europe, said: "We're delighted that Castrol has decided to continue its long-standing association with Honda and, in particular, our World Superbike campaign. We are especially pleased to have signed a two-year agreement, which takes us to the end of the 2013 season."

View the full article

tati_mercado.jpgThe Pedercini Team is pleased to announce that it has decided on its riders for the 2012 World Superbike Championship season. Lucio and Donato Pedercini have reached an agreement with Spaniard David Salom and Argentinean Leandro "Tati" Mercado (photo). Both riders will be on track with the Pedercini Team from the Phillip Island test on February 13, 14 and 15 and obviously also at the official test of 20-21, a week before the opening World Superbike Championship round, to be held at the same track.

The entire team is happy to see the return of both riders. Salom and Mercado already know all the technical staff and this will help both the riders and the team as they prepare for the upcoming season.

Donato Pedercini: "I'm extremely satisfied with the agreement reached with David Salom and Tati Mercado and I'm very happy to have the possibility to work with them again during the 2012 World Superbike championship. I know both of them very well and I appreciate their riding qualities and determination. Mercado is young and talented. He's full of enthusiasm and has a real passion for racing. I think he'll be the youngest Superbike rider this year and we will do our best to help him to adapt to our Kawasaki Superbike. Salom is still young but already has some experience. He's strongly motivated and is on our wavelength in terms of projects and targets. We are now working hard to be ready for the first test in Phillip Island and also for the first races of the season. We are expecting a very busy season but one full of great professional satisfaction."

David Salom: "I'm very happy to say that I will join the Pedercini Team for the 2012 World Superbike championship. I know all the Pedercini team and they are professional, enthusiastic and ambitious. I want to thank the Pedercini family as they are giving me the opportunity to compete once again in the World Superbike category. I'm really looking forward to this new adventure, as staying on a Kawasaki motorcycle was very important to me. I know that, compared with 2009, the bike is now more competitive and the team also has more experience so I can't wait to get started!"

Leandro "Tati" Mercado: "I am really happy to have made this choice and proud to be competing with Team Pedercini in World Superbike. Right from the start of my career, I always considered Superbike to be the premier class and my main goal. I am honoured to remain a part of this fantastic group of people and to be joining them as part of an ambitious project. I'm also very happy to have David Salom as a teammate. I know he's an expert rider and I'm sure he'll help me as I start this new adventure in such a difficult world championship. I'll do my best to pay back the faith Pedercini family have shown in me with some good results and technical development."

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

BMW_Werk_Berlin.jpg.1336187.jpg   BMW-Verkaufszahlen erreichen neuen Rekord
Das beste Verkaufsjahr in der BMW-Historie
In der 90-jährigen Firmengeschichte verkaufte der bayrische Motorradhersteller 2011 mehr Motorräder als je zuvor. Besonders beliebt sind die traditionellen Boxer-Modelle wie die BMW R 1200 GS. ... > weiter

View the full article

parkes.jpgIn 2012, Provec Motocard.com will take over the running of Kawasaki's official World Superbike operation after being promoted by the Akashi manufacturer. It is a well-deserved reward for the Spanish team after their three years spent in World Supersport and one that team manager Guim Roda is relishing.

The Provec team actually did a good job in WSS from 2009 to 2011, and although they never managed to win the title, the four riders that rode the ZX-6R bikes for the squad - Japan's Katsuaki Fujiwara, Broc Parkes from Australia and the Spanish duo of Joan Lascorz and David Salom - were able to notch up a total of 3 wins (2 by Lascorz, 1 by Parkes), 22 podiums and 9 pole positions.

It was also a crescendo of final place finishes, with Lascorz finishing 4th in 2009, 3rd in 2010 and David Salom going one better to take the runner-up slot in 2011, so this year it'll be interesting to see how well Lascorz and Tom Sykes fare on the ZX-10R Superbike machines.

To bid farewell to Kawasaki Motocard.com's participation in World Supersport, the team has prepared a short celebratory video which can be accessed

. (Slideshow photograph courtesy of GeeBee Images).

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

Dauertestbilanz_Tenere.jpg.1336242.jpg   Dauertest-Abschlussbilanz Yamaha XT 1200 Z Super Ténéré
Die Reise-Enduro von Yamaha nach 50 000 km
Fast jeder, der auf die große Yamaha Ténéré aufstieg, war von ihrem Komfort begeistert und wollte am liebsten gar nicht mehr absteigen. Das erklärt, warum die XT 1200 Z ihre Langstreckendistanz in kurzer Zeit abspulte. Doch hat die Neukonstruktion letztlich auch gehalten? ... > weiter

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

Italo-Naked-Bikes.jpg.1336526.jpg   Vergleichstest: Italienische Naked Bikes
Ducati Steetfighter 848 und Mv Agusta Brutale 920
Italienischen Naked-Bike-Chic gibt es auch für etwas kleineres Geld. Mit der Streetfighter 848 und der Brutale 920 runden Ducati und MV Agusta ihr Funbike-Angebot nach unten ab. Und: Die beiden Diven sehen nicht nur gut aus. ... > weiter

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

Kawasaki_ZZR1400.1336221.jpg.1336226.jpg   Das stärkste Motorrad der Welt
Schon gefahren: Kawasaki ZZR 1400
Es ist wie immer. Wenn jemand stärker oder schneller ist, werden die Kawasaki-Ingenieure nervös. Dann legen sie los und werkeln so lang, bis es wieder heißt: Das stärkste Bike der Welt ist eine Kawa. So muss das sein. ... > weiter

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

Fireblade_alt_neu.jpg.1336234.jpg   Test: Honda Fireblade - alt vs. neu
Die neue CBR 1000 RR aus 2012 im Vergleich mit dem Vorgänger
1992 bis 2012 - 20 Jahre Fireblade sind eine Erfolgsgeschichte. Das bisherige Rezept: die Trends setzen, immer am Ball bleiben. Doch ausgerechnet beim Jubiläumsmodell sucht man die große technische Innovation vergeblich. Was ist neu an der Neuen? Die Alte hilft klären. ... > weiter

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

Schutzkleidung.jpg.1336266.jpg   Kaufberatung: Persönliche Schutzausrüstung für Biker
Darauf sollte bei Motorrad-Schutzkleidung geachtet werden
PSA - nein, kein holländischer Fußballklub, auch kein Pestizid oder Ähnliches. Die drei Buchstaben stehen für: Persönliche Schutzausrüstung. Die Ausrüster müssen sich an feste Normen halten, Motorradfahrer hingegen wissen oft nicht, worauf sie beim Kauf achten sollen. ... > weiter

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

Italo-Naked-Bikes.jpg.1624218.jpg   Vergleichstest: Italienische Naked Bikes
Ducati Steetfighter 848 gegen MV Agusta Brutale 920
Italienischen Naked-Bike-Chic gibt es auch für etwas kleineres Geld. Mit der Streetfighter 848 und der Brutale 920 runden Ducati und MV Agusta ihr Funbike-Angebot nach unten ab. Und: Die beiden Diven sehen nicht nur gut aus. ... > weiter

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

Ducati-996.jpg.1625150.jpg   Die hat nicht jeder - Ausgefallene Bikes für kleines Geld
Gebrauchtberatung: Exoten und Youngtimer bis 2000 Euro
Fallen Ihnen beim Stichwort "Gebraucht-Exoten" nur Ducati & Co. ein? Das ist nicht alles, denn für viel weniger Geld gibt's noch deutlich Ausgefalleneres. ... > weiter

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

HTM_Stunt_44.jpg.1336720.jpg   HMT 2012: Motorradmesse in Norddeutschland wird volljährig
Hamburger Motorrad Tage vom 27.-29. Januar
Bereits zum 18. Mal locken die Hamburger Motorrad Tage mit Neuheiten rund ums Thema Motorrad. Die Besucher erwartet außerdem ein Hindernisparkur für Quads, eine Ducati-Kinder-Motorradbahn und regelmäßige Stuntshows. ... > weiter

View the full article

• Neu erstellen...