Zum Inhalt springen

MOTORRADonline.de - bis 10.02.2013

MOTORRADonline.de

Empfohlene Beiträge

448_p12_yamaha_box.jpgBMW Motorrad Motorsport has restructured its team management as it prepares for the 2012 season of the FIM Superbike World Championship, with the former Yamaha team manager Andrea Dosoli now taking over as Head of Race Operations of the BMW Motorrad Motorsport operation with immediate effect.

39-year-old Dosoli's role involves managing the race team at races and tests. At the same time, he will also act as an interface with the marketers and organisers of the Superbike World Championship, as well as forming a link to suppliers. He takes over from Rainer Bäumel, who left the factory team at the end of the 2011 season to move to the management of a new vehicle project at BMW Motorrad.

BMW Motorrad Motorsport Director Bernhard Gobmeier: "We are delighted to be able to welcome Andrea Dosoli on board. He has been involved in motorcycle racing for many years and boasts a wealth of experience as team manager. I am certain that Andrea is the ideal man to head our race team. With Andrea and our two works riders, Leon Haslam and Marco Melandri, we are well positioned for the coming season. We are looking forward to working together."

Andrea Dosoli: "I am really motivated to succeed in my new role at BMW Motorrad Motorsport. Recent years have shown that the team and the BMW S 1000 RR have a lot of potential. It is now a matter of tapping the full capability. I am really looking forward to doing my bit. Marco Melandri is an old acquaintance: we have already worked together in MotoGP and the Superbike World Championship in the past. Leon Haslam has also demonstrated just what he is capable of, and I am looking forward to working with him. I hope we will see both of them on the top step of the podium this year."

View the full article

• Antworten 2,5Tsd
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

Top-Benutzer in diesem Thema

• MOTORRADonline.de

• motogp.com

• WORLDSBK.COM

036_p07_praia_action.jpgAfter six successful years, the Parkalgar Honda team has taken the difficult decision to abandon World Supersport for the 2012 season. With 12 wins, 29 podiums, two runner-up slots (2009 and 2010) to its name, the team managed by AIA circuit boss Paulo Pinheiro has wound up its presence in the category as a result of the difficult economic situation which made it tough for the team to maintain its high Supersport ambitions.

A permanent presence in Supersport since 2006, Parkalgar Honda also made a major contribution to bike racing in Portugal, thanks to the support of a rider of the calibre of Miguel Praia, a true flag-bearer for the sport in his home country.

"It was a difficult but unavoidable decision to take," admitted Paulo Pinheiro. "Ours was without a shadow of doubt a successful project: our aim was to make Portimao's Autodromo Internacional do Algarve circuit known throughout the world and in this we succeeded. Nevertheless, without the support of other backers, it was no longer possible to continue with the same conditions and ambitions in 2012. We are grateful to everyone who contributed to the success of the project, as well as the riders who defended our colours over the years: Simone Sanna, Eugene Laverty, Sam Lowes, Josh Hayes and obviously Miguel Praia. A special and sad mention must also go to Craig Jones: we will never forget him, he was an exceptional rider and person."

While a decision will be taken as to whether or not Parkalgar Honda can put together some sort of part-time program for the series, including taking part in its home round, rider Miguel Praia has also expressed his disappointment about the end of the team's Supersport adventure.

"I'm really sad at the moment, but at the same time I can consider myself proud to have been part of the project. We started off as the smallest team in the paddock and we reached the top of the category. With Parkalgar Honda I've had the best years of my career, they gave me the chance to improve as a rider and get some good results. Unfortunately our efforts have not allowed us to continue in 2012. In Portugal the only sport that has influence is football, everything else takes second best despite the results and the visibility for the country throughout the world. All that's left for me now is to look for alternatives for the future, my hopes are to continue with Honda and with a competitive project. I'm convinced that it's still not time for me to stop."

View the full article

166_r06_quarmby_grid.jpgPTR Honda has announced that promising young South African Ronan Quarmby will join its team for the 2012 World Supersport Championship. The 20-year-old from Johannesburg has top 10 finishes in 2011 to his name and he will be going all out to prove his high scoring potential in 2012. He will join the team for a two-day test at Almeria in Spain on January 19th and 20th before going to Phillip Island in Australia for testing for the opening round at the same track on February 26th.

Ronan Quarmby: "I just wanted to say a big thank you to PTR for organizing a once-in-a lifetime opportunity to ride for them in 2012. I am extremely excited about the opportunity to represent such an awesome team and I know that I will be on that podium throughout the entire season. My aim for 2012 is to become more a part of the WSBK family and now that I have got a year under my belt with all the track knowledge and new friends, things are looking really awesome - I cannot wait for first testing in Almeria."

Simon Buckmaster, PTR Honda Team Manager: "We spoke with Ronan before 2011 and have kept in contact since. I am very happy that we have signed to work together in 2012 and am sure Ronan will be on the pace from the start of the season. We have a test at Almeria on the 19th and 20th of January and we will be working with Ronan to get him in the best shape ahead of the official tests in Philip Island in February. I think Ronan's wish to get on the podium in 2012 will come to fruition sooner rather than later. We have a young and very talented line up for 2012 and Ronan just adds more of this to our team."

View the full article

20110429155149_suzuki_2.jpgWith the start of the 2012 World Superbike season less than eight weeks away, Team Suzuki Racing caught up with Paul Denning, Team Principal at the Crescent-Yoshimura backed Suzuki World Superbike Team. The former Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Team Manager has put together a strong two-man team of British Superbike Championship runner-up John Hopkins and Suzuki newcomer Leon Camier in the squad run by long-standing Suzuki BSB Team Manager Jack Valentine.

What are your initial thoughts about the World Superbike Championship and what are your feelings about the level of competition?

"The series looks very interesting for 2012 and even with Yamaha's withdrawal, the level of manufacturer representation is very positive - Suzuki, Honda, Kawasaki, Ducati, BMW and Aprilia all have strong teams, whether "factory" or privately operated and all have very fast riders. The combination of the Pirelli tyres and Superbike specification machine is an "easier" package to access the limits of performance compared to the MotoGP bikes and therefore more riders can battle for the top positions. I say that with complete respect to all the riders in SBK, who fight like animals to win, but the Superbike specification bikes generally permit closer racing and different riders going for the podium week-to-week which is great for the fans. In Superbike, the rider can still make the difference. That said - the highest quality riders, bikes and teams are the ones who always end up battling for the title and we hope to be amongst them!"

How much difference is there between your GSX-R1000 in BSB and WSBK?

"The 2012 GSX-R will look pretty much the same but very few components will be shared - the whole bike has been seriously updated. Yoshimura is working very hard on the motor and we are sharing a lot of development ideas together; the suspension and brakes are all new, the Motec electronics package is updated and every single detail on the GSX-R is being carefully considered. The Suzuki is a great all-round package - we have to make sure we allow the riders to use 100% of the bike's abilities by refining the GSX-R to be as good as it can be."

Who are your main competitors in 2012?

"It's a much shorter list to say who won't be! There are so many strong riders and teams and it's up to us to maximise our potential and do our best, not to second-guess who else will be quick because they all are! As Crescent Suzuki, we are the new guys in SBK and we are entering with a "quiet" attitude; we have to respect all the top teams and riders and focus on our own performance."

Will John be fully recovered and fit for the first race?

"I guess the finger will never be perfect but it's good enough to race a motorcycle! John went through a lot last year - it was a minor injury that turned into a real nightmare. He's just started properly training now - after a horrible month of extremely strong antibiotics - but his base fitness levels are good enough that he'll bounce back quickly. I have no concerns - I do expect his fitness level to improve race by race - but it will be tough to be at a genuine 100% for Philip Island."

Leon is new to your team, but is experienced in WSBK, so how do you think he will adapt to the GSX-R1000?

"He'll adapt easily. The bike fits him well, he likes the basic chassis feel and he knows and trusts the team. We had a tough test in Portimao but Leon still wasn't far off at the end; he'll be right at the sharp end of the fight I'm sure."

In the team's rookie year in WSBK, do you think you can challenge for the podium?

"A simple straightforward question deserves a similar answer - Yes!!"

View the full article

partner-ptr.jpgAt the conclusion of an unprecedented off-season signing campaign, PTR Honda has announced that it will take part in the 2012 FIM Supersport World Championship with a six rider, three team line-up. Performance Technical Racing is the organisation behind the highly successful Parkalgar Honda team that won 12 races and scored 29 podiums between 2008-2011, finishing runner-up in the Championship in 2009 and 2010.

The three teams will operate under different names: Bogdanka PTR Honda will run with the UK's super-fast Sam Lowes and South Africa's promising young star Mathew Scholtz. In addition, Polish rider Pawel Szkopek - on a PTR supplied bike - will compete for Bogdanka Honda PTR, giving the Polish coal giant three bikes on the 2012 grid.

PTR Honda will feature hot American talent Patrick 'PJ' Jacobsen and the experienced South African Ronan Quarmby, while Riders PTR Honda will compete with former British Superbike star Martin Jessopp from the UK.

PTR Team Manager Simon Buckmaster: "PTR goes into 2012 with its strongest ever line-up of riders with all of them capable of top 10 finishes in the World Supersport Championship, there is no weak point. After missing out on the World Championship in 2009 and 2010, this is our best chance to win the title with one of our riders. We are delighted to continue our association with Bogdanka after a promising 2011 when it scored two podium finishes. Sam Lowes and Mathew Scholtz will make a young but formidable pairing in our garage. In addition Pawel Szkopek will remain on a PTR race bike and he should be a regular points scorer.Ronan Quarmby and PJ on the PTR Honda team will create an exciting combination. Ronan has youth, experience and speed on his side while PJ is new to the series but comes with high expectations. Riders PTR Honda will be represented by BSB and Macau star Martin Jessopp. He's got the speed and talent to make an impact on the World Supersport Championship. All our riders will receive exactly the same machinery and support. PTR operates an open-book policy where all riders share and learn from information, data and technical assistance. It means all have the same opportunity to perform on one of the best World Supersport race bikes in the world."

The new look PTR approach to the World Supersport Championship comes after Parkalgar withdrew its title support for the team due to financial pressures in the current economic climate. PTR remains close friends with the Parkalgar circuit. Buckmaster said: "It is a real shame that Parkalgar has been forced to step back from a full season of racing in 2012. The international economic climate is very tough but we will remain friends with the circuit and I do hope we can work together in some capacity again in the future. On behalf of PTR I'd like to thank Parkalgar for its support for the past four years - they have been a big part of the World Supersport Championship and will be missed."

The three PTR teams will be at Almeria in Spain on 19th-20th January for a pre-season test before travelling to Phillip Island in Australia for a further test ahead of the opening round of the Championship at the same circuit on February 26th.

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

055_Messe%20Dortmund.jpg.1180569.jpg   Motorrad-Frühjahrsmessen 2012
Warm-Up für die kommende Saison
Zum Auftakt der neuen Saison zeigen die Frühjahrsmessen in Deutschland, Österreich und der Schweiz die neuesten Motorrad-Trends. Hier ein Überblick der wichtigsten Messetermine im Frühjahr 2012. ... > weiter

View the full article

jules_cluzel_1.jpgFor its first year of World Supersport participation, the WTR Ten10 Racing Team has signed up Frenchman Jules Cluzel to spearhead its championship attack on one of two Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R machines prepared by the Italian team. Born in 1988 in Montluçon, Cluzel has been a constant presence in 125, 250 and Moto2 since 2006 and has one win and three podiums to his name. The young Frenchman hopes to be a contender in the Supersport category, and is delighted to have signed with the WTR Ten10 Racing Team.

"I am really motivated!", declared Cluzel, "and I'm sure I will tackle this new experience to the best of my possibilities. I really like the idea of taking part in World Supersport, I have the highest possible aims and I'm pleased to be with WTR because I feel they are very motivated as well. In the past I tasted victory in a GP race and it was great, but now I want to win a world title. I have to focus on getting myself into the best possible condition for the first race because I haven't ridden the bike yet and I'll have to change my riding style pretty quickly. I am aware that I made a few errors last season but I can say that you learn from your mistakes: it's all good experience for 2012!"

As well as Cluzel the WTR Ten10 Racing Team will also enter another rider, still to be decided, on a Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R machine in World Supersport.

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

BMW-GS-Generationen.jpg.1332336.jpg   Generationen-Vergleich: BMW GS-Modelle
Die BMW R 1200 GS und ihre Vorfahren
Seit über 30 Jahren arbeiten die Mitglieder der GS-Familie am Kultstatus des boxerbestückten Reisebikes aus Bayern. Ein Vergleich von vier Generationen soll dem Fortschritt über die Jahrzehnte auf den Zahn fühlen. ... > weiter

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

BMW-S1000R-vs-Yamaha-R1.jpg.1332320.jpg   Vergleichstest: BMW S 1000 RR gegen Yamaha YZF-R1
Die 2012er-Supersportler von BMW und Yamaha im Test
Wie sich die Zeiten ändern: Noch vor zwei Jahren begrüßte die Yamaha YZF-R1 die neue BMW S 1000 RR mit Gönnermine im Club der Superbikes. Heute setzt die BMW dort den Maßstab. Jetzt will die überarbeitete R1 mit Traktionskontrolle den Anschluss schaffen. ... > weiter

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

Motorrad-Funbikes2012.jpg.1332304.jpg   Vergleichstest: Funbikes
Supermoto - Funbikes von Husqvarna, Ducati und Aprilia
Was macht eigentlich mehr Spaß: ein allzu schnelles Motorrad permanent langsam fahren zu müssen oder ein langsames gern mal schnell bewegen zu dürfen? Hier kommen drei gar nicht langsame Spaßmacher von Husqvarna, Ducati und Aprilia, die erfreulich schnell bewegt werden können. ... > weiter

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

Victory_Route66.jpg.1332360.jpg   Unterwegs: Mit dem Motorrad durch Kalifornien
Auf der Suche nach dem amerikanischen Traum
Auf der Suche nach dem amerikanischen Traum. Was ist geblieben von der Tellerwäscher-Millionär-Chance, dem „land of the free“ und Obamas Messias-Hoffnung? Um Antworten darauf zu finden, werden wir Kalifornien sowie einen kleinen Teil Nevadas und Arizonas auf zwei Victory-Motorrädern durchqueren. ... > weiter

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

Ducati-Panigale.1332283.jpg.1332288.jpg   Blickpunkt: Ducati 1199 Panigale
Der stärkste Zweizylinder aller Zeiten
Ducati baut den stärksten Zweizylinder aller Zeiten. Aber die Ducati 1199 Panigale ist viel mehr als das. Ein Blick hinter die Kulissen der Entwicklung und ein erster Eindruck, wie sie fährt. Plus: Video vom Motorenprüfstand von Ducati und Interview zur Präsentation der Panigale. ... > weiter

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

Motorrad-Ersatzteile.jpg.1332344.jpg   Produkttest: Ersatzteil-Report
Wie teuer sind Ersatzteile für die jeweiligen Motorräder?
Logisch, geht ein Teil am Motorrad kaputt, sollte es ersetzt werden. Doch die Logik bei der Preiskalkulation von Originalteilen ist häufig schwer nachzuvollziehen. MOTORRAD hakte bei den Anbietern nach. ... > weiter

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

MV-Agusta_F4-R.jpg.1332312.jpg   Fahrbericht: MV Agusta F4 R
Der Supersportler von MV Agusta im Test
MV Agusta hat das Modellprogramm insgesamt bereinigt, so auch bei den Vierzylinder-Supersportlern: Nun bekam die Basismaschine F4 R den Kurzhubmotor, der bisher dem exklusiven RR-Spitzenmodell vorbehalten war. Ansonsten ist und bleibt die F4 R eine typische MV. ... > weiter

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

bikepo1.jpg.261383.jpg   Portrait: Steve McQueen
Der "King of Cool" oder Mr. Vollgas
Der "King of Cool" ist seit über 30 Jahren tot. Doch seine Popularität nimmt eher noch zu. Mit ein Grund dafür: Steve McQueen spielte nicht nur den Rennfahrer, er war tatsächlich Mr. Vollgas durch und durch. ... > weiter

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

Victory_Route66.jpg.1624070.jpg   Unterwegs: Mit dem Motorrad durch Kalifornien
Auf der Suche nach dem amerikanischen Traum
Auf der Suche nach dem amerikanischen Traum. Was ist geblieben von der Tellerwäscher-Millionär-Chance, dem "land of the free" und Obamas Messias-Hoffnung? Um Antworten darauf zu finden, werden wir Kalifornien sowie einen kleinen Teil Nevadas und Arizonas auf zwei Victory-Motorrädern durchqueren. ... > weiter

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

Confederate-Hellcat2013.jpg.1332855.jpg   Confederate Hellcat X132
Spektakuläres Muscle-Bike aus den USA
Die US-Schmiede Confederate Motors hat die dritte Generation der Hellcat X132 fürs Modelljahr 2013 vorgestellt. Angetrieben wird das Motorrad von einem 2,2-Liter-Twin, der für über 200 Nm Drehmoment sorgen soll. ... > weiter

View the full article

MOTORRADonline.de

Ducati-Panigale_Luftkanal.jpg.1332578.jp   Weltexklusives Video: Panigale-Motor auf dem Prüfstand
So hört sich der stärkste Serien-V2 der Welt an
Ducati kontert den fulminanten Vierzylinder der BMW S 1000 RR mit einem radikal modernen V2 und schreckt dabei selbst vor extremen Maßen nicht zurück. MOTORRAD freut sich, das V2-Kraftwerk der Ducati 1199 Panigale erstmals in Aktion auf dem Prüfstand zeigen zu können. ... > weiter

View the full article

michael_van_der_mark.jpgMichael van der Mark has extended his contract with the Ten Kate Junior Team for one more year and the Dutchmen will now take part in the 2012 European Superstock 600 Championship on a Honda CBR600RR, prepared by Ten Kate Racing Products. Last season, as a four-stroke rookie Van der Mark won four out of ten STK600 races and missed out on the championship by just thirteen points.

Michael van der Mark: "I am very happy with the contract extension. Last year was fantastic with four wins and third place overall. Of course, it is not an easy task to improve these results but I am confident because I have a perfect team. In addition, I now know all the circuits on the calendar, which is a big advantage. Many thanks for the support of everyone; hopefully it will be a great season again. I will give everything I have."

Ferry Schoenmakers (Ten Kate Junior Team owner): "It was an easy choice to extend the contract of Michael van der Mark. Last season, Van der Mark has shown what he is capable of without any for-stroke experience and without much circuit knowledge. I'm glad that Van der Mark stays with us because it is very pleasant to work with him as he is very passionate and he fits perfectly into our team. I'm sure it will be a great year with Van der Mark and his new team-mate Bastien Chesaux."

Van der Mark and Bastien Chesaux will return to action with the first winter test in March. The Ten Kate Junior Team will announce the Superstock 1000 FIM Cup rider shortly.

View the full article

• Neu erstellen...